A mass vaccination campaign targeting adults and children to prevent typhoid fever in Hechi; Expanding the use of Vi polysaccharide vaccine in Southeast China: A cluster-randomized trial
- Immunization Against Typhoid. // Annals of Internal Medicine;Dec66, Vol. 65 Issue 6, p1300
Presents the recommendations of the Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices of the U.S. Public Health Service on immunization against typhoid. Status of typhoid vaccine; Dosage and schedule of administration; Alternative routes and dosages of booster immunization.
- Typhoid Vaccination. // Clinical Pediatrics;Jul1967, Vol. 6 Issue 7, p10A
The article discusses recommendations on immunization practices for typhoid vaccination. Routine typhoid immunization is not recommended in the United States. Selective immunization is indicated in the following situations: (1) Intimate exposure to a known typhoid carrier as would occur with...
- TRAVEL ADVICE IMMUNISATIONS. // GP: General Practitioner;2/18/2002, p84
Presents chart depicting on travel advice of immunization. Status of hepatitis A and typhoid vaccination in several countries; Diseases requiring vaccination; Vaccine courses and doses.
- Travel Vaccines and Elderly Persons: Review of Vaccines Available in the United States. Leder, Karin; Weller, Peter F.; Wilson, Mary E. // Clinical Infectious Diseases;11/1/2001, Vol. 33 Issue 9, p1553
Provides information on several travel vaccines administered to elderly persons in the United States and the effect of age on their effectiveness. Indications for hepatitis A vaccines; Types of typhoid fever vaccine; Systemic and local reactions associated with yellow fever vaccines.
- TIP OF THE MONTH: Typhoid. // Pulse;5/17/2007, Vol. 67 Issue 19, p76
The article provides information on the 70 changes to typhoid recommendations in May 2007, following a review of data by Health Protection Scotland published on the UK Travax website. One alteration is that typhoid immunization is no longer recommended for most of the countries that previously...
- The Use of Typhoid Vaccines in Asia: The DOMI Experience. Ochiai, R. Leon; Acosta, Camilo J.; Agtini, Magdarina; Bhattacharya, Sujit K.; Bhutta, Zulfiqar A.; Canh Gia Do; Baiqing Dong; Xinguang Chen; Stanton, Bonita; Kaljee, Linda; Nyamete, Andrew; Galindo, Claudia M.; von Seidlein, Lorenz; DeRoeck, Denise; Jodar, Luis; Clemens, John D. // Clinical Infectious Diseases;7/15/2007 Supplement, Vol. 45, pS34
Background. Two currently licensed typhoid vaccines have been evaluated in Asia, yet few Asian countries have considered including typhoid vaccines in their vaccination programs. The Diseases of the Most Impoverished (DOMI) Program was initiated to provide evidence to decide on the introduction...
- TIP OF THE MONTH: Typhoid. // Pulse;5/10/2007, Vol. 67 Issue 18, p77
The article reports on the changes to typhoid immunization recommendations by the Health Protection Scotland. The vaccination is no longer advisable for most of the countries that previously had an S for sometimes indication, including Europe, South America and the U.S. Furthermore, most central...
- ACIP revises typhoid immunization recommendations. // American Family Physician;3/1/1995, Vol. 51 Issue 4, p969
Presents the recommendations on typhoid immunization, as released by the Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices. Three types of typhoid vaccines; Use of the Vi capsular polysaccharide vaccine, which was approved by the Food and Drug Administration for the prevention of typhoid fever;...
- Safety, Immunogenicity and Dose Ranging of a New Vi-CRM197 Conjugate Vaccine against Typhoid Fever: Randomized Clinical Testing in Healthy Adults. van Damme, Pierre; Kafeja, Froukje; Anemona, Alessandra; Basile, Venere; Hilbert, Anne Katrin; De Coster, Ilse; Rondini, Simona; Micoli, Francesca; Khan, Rana M. Qasim; Marchetti, Elisa; Di Cioccio, Vito; Saul, Allan; Martin, Laura B.; Podda, Audino // PLoS ONE;2011, Vol. 6 Issue 9, p1
Background: Typhoid fever causes more than 21 million cases of disease and 200,000 deaths yearly worldwide, with more than 90% of the disease burden being reported from Asia. Epidemiological data show high disease incidence in young children and suggest that immunization programs should target...