Prevalence of nonvitamin, nonmineral supplement usage among students in a Turkish university
- Cut Down On Your Sick Days. // Customers First;2013, Vol. 18 Issue 12, p6
The article offers measures to prevent chances of getting sick in winter months and taking leave from work, including taking vitamin supplements regularly, drinking water and other fluids to get rid of early signs of infections, and washing hands before work and eating fresh fruits and vegetables.
- Consumer perception shifts to prevention. // Drug Store News;11/17/2008, Vol. 30 Issue 14, p66
The article reports on the shift of the focus of more healthcare professionals and payers on ways to promote preventive medicine over an after-the-fact approach to treating disease in the U.S. It is said that it certainly positions the dietary supplements industry as a potential cost-saving...
- Chemotherapy Protective Properties of SuntheanineÂ® L-Theanine. Hurd, Lyle // Total Health;Feb/Mar2005, Vol. 27 Issue 1, p24
Features research evidencing the benefits of SuntheanineÂ® brand of L-theanine, a dietary supplement, in the prevention and treatment of disease. Relaxation assistance without becoming sleepy; Prevention of jitters caused by caffeine; Promotion of learning and memory. INSET: Following are...
- ASSESSMENT OF KNOWLEDGE ABOUT AAHAAR AND VIHAAR AMONG UNIVERSITY STUDENTS. Singh, Balpreet; Dutta, Jayanti; Sharma, Vijay Lakshmi // International Journal of Research in Ayurveda & Pharmacy;Mar2012, Vol. 3 Issue 2, p189
Objective of Ayurveda is to achieve optimal health and well-being through a comprehensive approach that addresses mind, body, behavior, and environment. Daily as well as seasonal, dietary and lifestyle recommendations has been described to promote health. Harmful diets and activities have been...
- Pill Popping? // Vegetarian Times;Jul2002, Issue 299, p14
Deals with a study which revealed the wrong use of dietary supplements by college students in the U.S. Information on how men and women use supplements; Incorporation of a daily multivitamin supplement with healthy food choices and regular physical exercise.
- JAMA Recommends That All Adults Should Take Vitamin Supplements. // Positive Health;Mar2003, Issue 86, p8
Reports on the recommendation of the 'Journal of the American Medical Association' that all adults should take vitamin supplements to help prevent chronic diseases. Resource to advice on dietary supplements.
- Nutrient profile Calcium D-glucarate. Butler, Graham // Alive: Canada's Natural Health & Wellness Magazine;Oct2003, Issue 252, p132
Discusses the role of calcium D-glucarate in suppressing the growth of estrogen-dependent tumors. Elimination of environmental toxins from the body; Patented form of glucaric acid, a naturally-occurring substance synthesized by the human body in small quantities; Prevention of the development...
- Dietary supplement use among health care professionals enrolled in an online curriculum on herbs and dietary supplements. Gardiner, Paula; Woods, Charles; Kemper, Kathi J. // BMC Complementary & Alternative Medicine;2006, Vol. 6, p21
Background: Although many health care professionals (HCPs) in the United States have been educated about and recommend dietary supplements, little is known about their personal use of dietary supplements and factors associated with their use. Methods: We surveyed HCPs at the point of their...
- Vitamin D: A Story of Unexpected Turns. Filosa, Michael F. // Wellness Options;2006, Issue 26, p36
This article focuses on the health effects of vitamin D in the human body. How vitamin D affects bone health, cancers, psoriasis, the immune system, multiple sclerosis, rheumatoid arthritis, type 1 diabetes, tuberculosis and other conditions is discussed. A chart is included that shows how...