Compulsory and recommended vaccination in Italy: evaluation of coverage and non-compliance between 1998-2002 in Northern Italy
- Hepatitis B vaccine. // Pulse;4/14/2010, Vol. 70 Issue 12, p35
The article reports on a Danish research suggesting that hepatitis B vaccination is rarely given to short term travellers because the time they will spend in an endemic area does not justify an extra three or four vaccinations.
- Rate of HBV vaccination at birth in Laos needs more improvement. // Infectious Disease News;Sep2013, Vol. 26 Issue 9, p48
The article reports that more improvement is needed for hepatitis B vaccination (HBV) in Laos after a Morbidity and Mortality Weekly Report revealed that median HBV coverage was at 74 percent from December 2011 to February 2012.
- Experience with the new German hepatitis B vaccination strategy since 1995. Krämer, Alexander; Prüfer-Krämer, Luise // International Journal of STD & AIDS;Dec2002 Supplement 1, Vol. 13, p35
In Germany general hepatitis B (HB) vaccination for newborns and adolescents was introduced in all federal states following the recommendation of the STIKO (Permanent Vaccination Commission) of 1995. In 1998 serological studies of the German National Health Survey showed that at least 9.8% in...
- Schedules for hepatitis B vaccination of risk groups: balancing immunogenicity and compliance. Van Herck, K.; Leuridan, E.; Van Damme, P. // Sexually Transmitted Infections;Oct2007, Vol. 83 Issue 6, p426
Introduction: Vaccination is an important tool in hepatitis B prevention. However, several vaccine doses are required to induce long-term protection. Several at-risk groups have difficulties in adhering to the standard vaccination schedule. Objectives: This paper aims to review the use of...
- Simplification of the Hepatitis B Vaccination Schedule. Mack, David; Thompson, Jon S. // American Journal of Gastroenterology;Sep2001, Vol. 96 Issue 9, p2537
Deals with a study that focused on the simplification of hepatitis B vaccination schedule. Comparison of four different hepatitis B vaccine vaccination schedules; Randomized trial of alternative two and three-dose hepatitis B vaccination regimes in adolescents.
- Impact of universal preadolescent vaccination against hepatitis B on antenatal seroprevalence of hepatitis B markers in British Columbia women. Dawar, Meenakshi; Patrick, David M.; Bigham, Mark; Cook, Darrel; Krajden, Mel; Ng, Helen // CMAJ: Canadian Medical Association Journal;3/18/2003, Vol. 168 Issue 6, p703
Abstract COUNTRIES WITH A LOW RISK OF HEPATITIS B (HB) lack data on the effectiveness of universal HB vaccination programs for children. British Columbia began a program in 1992, offering HB vaccination to 11 year olds. We conducted an anonymous, unlinked serologic survey 7 years later,...
- Vaccine for hep B lasts 15 years. // Pulse;3/12/2005, Vol. 65 Issue 10, p23
Reports on the efficacy of hepatitis B vaccination to patients over 4 years old based from a study in Great Britain.
- Hepatitis B Vaccine Safety. Sagall, Richard J. // Pediatrics for Parents;2004, Vol. 21 Issue 7, p1
Cites a study which reinforces that safety of vaccinating newborns against hepatitis B in California. Concern of parents about the possible adverse effects of vaccines; Lack difference in the percentage of immunized newborns who died compared to those who were not immunized; Lesser number of...
- Factors Influencing Acceptance of Hepatitis B Vaccination by Hospital Personnel in an Area Hyperendemic for Hepatitis B. Israsena, Sachapan; Kamolratanakul, Pirom; Sakulramrung, Reutai // American Journal of Gastroenterology;Dec1992, Vol. 87 Issue 12, p1807
A free-of-charge vaccination program against hepatitis B, in which plasma-derived vaccine was used, was offered to 1,299 hospital personnel of Chulalongkorn University Hospital, Bangkok. The initial acceptance rate for vaccination was 65.7%, with 10.0% nonacceptance and 24.3% undecided. The...