Development and evaluation of a hand held computer based on-call pack for health protection out of hours duty: A pilot study
- WATCHING WHAT MATTERS. Joch, Alan // Materials Management in Health Care;Jun2005, Vol. 14 Issue 6, p30
The article focuses on electronic disease surveillance (EDS) systems for tracking unusual trends in patient diagnoses and symptoms. EDS systems compile health data from hospitals and critical care facilities, then aggregate and analyze the information to identify patterns in patient complaints....
- SAUDI ARABIA-ISRAEL. // Middle East Reporter (Daily Edition);7/22/2010, Vol. 191 Issue 4900, p11
The article reports on the failure of the Trade Ministry to carry on his role for Israeli medical products have entered Saudi Arabia.
- Public can comment on device proposal. // FDA Consumer;Mar1997, Vol. 31 Issue 2, p4
Reports that the public has until March 19, 1997 to comment on an Food and Drug Administration (FDA) medical device proposal. How the proposal would ensure that data gathered from the treatment could be used to evaluate product safety and effectiveness; How a sponsor desiring for an experimental...
- GMPs phase in. // Materials Management in Health Care;Dec96, Vol. 5 Issue 12, p6
Reports on the effectivity of the US Food and Drug Administration's revised manufacturing practices for medical devices in the United States.
- Demand for regulation on re-use of single use items. Prenesti, Sam // Australian Nursing Journal;Feb96, Vol. 3 Issue 7, p12
Reports on the need for regulations on the re-use of expensive medical devices labelled `single use only' by the manufacturer. Quality assurance standards for cleanliness.
- The U.S. federal framework for research on endocrine disruptors and an analysis of research programs supported during fiscal year 1996 Kavlock, Robert J.; Melnick, Ronald L.; Mac, Michael J.; DeRosa, Chris; Walton, Barbara T.; Lucier, George; Sinks, Thomas; Reiter, Lawrence W.; Melillo, Jerry // Environmental Health Perspectives;Mar1998, Vol. 106 Issue 3, p105
The potential health and ecological effects of endocrine disrupting chemicals has become a high visibility environmental issue. The 1990shave witnessed a growing concern, both on the part of the scientificcommunity and the public, that environmental chemicals may be causing widespread effects in...
- Many Helping Hands Available for Policy Initiatives. McCABE, Brooks // State Journal (WV);11/11/2016, Vol. 32 Issue 45, p28
No abstract available.
- Intervention Model for Contaminated Consumer Products: A Multifaceted Tool for Protecting Public Health. Hore, Paromita; Ahmed, Munerah; Nagin, Deborah; Clark, Nancy // American Journal of Public Health;Aug2014, Vol. 104 Issue 8, p1377
Lead-based paint and occupational lead hazards remain the primary exposure sources of lead in New York City (NYC) children and men, respectively. Lead poisoning has also been associated with the use of certain consumer products in NYC. The NYC Department of Health and Mental Hygiene developed...
- Are you ready for the new respirators? LaBar, Gregg // Occupational Hazards;Apr97, Vol. 59 Issue 4, p34
Features new particulate respirators which conform to revised regulations of the US National Institute of Occupational Safety and Health. Recommendation for industrial hygiene; Steps in selecting new equipment; Requirement for use by year 1998. INSET: What's next for NIOSH?..