Intestinal parasites prevalence and related factors in school children, a western city sample-Turkey
- News in brief. // Scandinavian Journal of Public Health;Jul2010, Vol. 38 Issue 5, p556
The article presents news briefs related to public health. Risk to human health due to the volcanic eruption in Iceland in April 2010 is low, according to the World Health Organization. The Nordic Council of Ministers' goal is to make the region the best place for children and young people in...
- Geographical distribution of American cutaneous leishmaniasis and its phlebotomine vectors (Diptera: Psychodidae) in the state of SÃ£o Paulo, Brazil. Shimabukuro, Paloma Helena Fernandes; da Silva, Túllio Romão Ribeiro; Ribeiro, Frederico Octávio Fonseca; Baton, Luke Anthony; Galati, Eunice Aparecida Bianchi // Parasites & Vectors;2010, Vol. 3 Issue 1, p121
Background: American cutaneous leishmaniasis (ACL) is a re-emerging disease in the state of SÃ£o Paulo, Brazil. It is important to understand both the vector and disease distribution to help design control strategies. As an initial step in applying geographic information systems (GIS) and...
- Diagnosis of intestinal helminths. // Bulletin of the World Health Organization;1993, Vol. 71 Issue 2, p262
This article reports on a set of bench aids prepared by the World Health Organization's Program of Intestinal Parasitic Infections for the diagnosis of intestinal helminths. The bench aids are available in A4 size and have been produced in a plastic-sealed cover. At the front of the bench aids,...
- PSAI Takes Lead in GA Compliance. Wigley, Jeff // PRO: Portable Restroom Operator;Feb2013, p36
The article discusses the compliance of Portable Sanitation Association International (PSAI) to the Good Agricultural Practices (GAP) standards. It discusses the criteria for creating GAP standards to protect public health, including good repair of portable restrooms, the provision of...
- Public health training in Europe. Cavallo, Franco; Rimpela, Arja; Normand, Charles; Bury, Jacques // European Journal of Public Health;Jun2001, Vol. 11 Issue 2, p171
Presents a study which reported the conclusions of the public health training project funded by the European Union in 2000. Overview of the developmental approach used; Principles and structure of the European Master Program in Public Health; Benefits of the program for European public health...
- Building a Global Indigenous Health Community of Practice. Kennedy, Andrea Pritchard; Dean, Yasmin; London, Chad; Simon, Dion; Tomaszewski, Andreas // Hawaii Journal of Medicine & Public Health;Aug2013 Supplement 3, Vol. 72 Issue 8, p20
The article presents an overview of a poster presentation of an experience of building an indigenous health community of practice at Mount Royal University at the Third Cross-Cultural Health Care Conference on February 8-9, 2013 in Hawaii.
- State LTC website live. // McKnight's Long-Term Care News;Aug2013, Vol. 34 Issue 8, p17
The article reviews the web site health education, located at www.MyPlaceCT.org.
- LESSONS LEARNED. Berriman, Mark // New Vegetarian & Natural Health;Spring2002, p58
Discusses factors behind a successful public health campaign. Embedding of social values; Need for lifelong intervention to prevent obesity and diabetes from occurring in the Australian population.
- WHO OWNS, WHO DEFENDS, SCDNT? Morgan, Michael J. // Self-Care, Dependent-Care & Nursing;Dec2004, Vol. 12 Issue 3, p3
Introduces the articles about self-care which were published in the December 2004 issue of the "American Journal of Public Health."