Allergic conditions and risk of hematological malignancies in adults: a cohort study
- An epidemiological study of cancer in adult twins born in Norway 1905â€“1945. Iversen, T; Tretli, S; Kringlen, E // British Journal of Cancer;6/1/2001, Vol. 84 Issue 11, p1463
We have identified 23 334 individuals (40%) of twins born in Norway 1905-45 where both twins were alive in 1960 without malignant disease. These were linked to the Cancer Registry of Norway. A reduced risk of malignant disease was demonstrated among twins for all tumour sites combined;...
- Heritability of Self-Reported Asthma and Allergy: A Study in Adult Dutch Twins, Siblings and Parents. Willemsen, Gonneke; Van Beijsterveldt, Toos C. E. M.; Van Baal, Caroline G. C. M.; Postma, Dirkje; Boomsma, Dorret I. // Twin Research & Human Genetics;Apr2008, Vol. 11 Issue 2, p132
The present study assessed the prevalence of asthma and allergy, and estimated the importance of genetic and environmental influences on asthma and allergy liability and their association. Longitudinal data on self-reported, doctor-diagnosed asthma and allergy were collected in over 14,000...
- Announcement: The Sixteenth International Workshop on Methodology of Twin and Family Studies: The Advanced Course March 3thï¿½March 7th, 2003. // Behavior Genetics;Nov2002, Vol. 32 Issue 6, p499
Focuses on the Sixteenth International Workshop on Methodology of Twin and Family Studies in Boulder, Colorado on March 3 to 7, 2003. Local host of the event; Application programming; Registration fee; Provisional faculty roster.
- Twins may protect against breast cancer. Westall, Jessica // BMJ: British Medical Journal (International Edition);03/22/97, Vol. 314 Issue 7084, p845
Reports on the possible role of twin births to protecting a women from breast cancer. Reduction of risk of breast cancer in women who had given birth to twins; Clarification of the role of estrogen and other steroid hormones in the etiology of breast cancer.
- Heritable breast cancer in twins. Mack, T.M.; Hamilton, A.S.; Press, M.F.; Diep, A.; Rappaport, E.B. // British Journal of Cancer;7/29/2002, Vol. 87 Issue 3, p294
Examines the descriptive and histologic characteristics of concordant and discordant breast cancers affecting monozygotic (MZ) and dizygotic (DZ) twins. Appearance of breast cancer following diagnosis of the disease; Rate of tissue invasion in MZ versus DZ twins; Prevalence of estrogen...
- Bilateral retinoblastoma presenting at retinopathy of prematurity screening. Self, J.; Bush, K.; Baral, V. R.; Puvanachandra, N.; Puddy, V. F.; Hodgkins, P. // Archives of Disease in Childhood -- Fetal & Neonatal Edition;Apr2010, Vol. 95 Issue 4, pF288
The article focuses on bilateral posterior pole retinoblastoma in one of diamniotic, dichorionic, male in vitro fertilisation (IVF) twins at 34 weeks of gestation.
- Twinship and Risk of Postmenopausal Breast Cancer. Cerhan, James R.; Kushi, Lawrence H.; Olson, Janet E.; Rich, Stephen S.; Zheng, Wei; Folsom, Aaron R.; Sellers, Thomas A. // JNCI: Journal of the National Cancer Institute;02/02/2000, Vol. 92 Issue 3, p261
Provides information on a study which evaluated the association between aspects of twin membership and the risk of breast cancer. Subjects and methods; Results and discussion.
- Food allergy. Denman, A.M. // British Medical Journal (Clinical Research Edition);4/9/1983, Vol. 286 Issue 6372, p1164
Reports the workshop on food allergy organized by Fisons in Harrogate, England. Details on the clinical evidence for food intolerance; Contribution of food intolerance to gastrointestinal disease; Production of long term remission by dietary exclusion in patients with Crohn's disease.
- Prior History of Allergies and Pancreatic Cancer in the San Francisco Bay Area. E.A. Holly; C.A. Eberle; P.M. Bracci // American Journal of Epidemiology;9/1/2003, Vol. 158 Issue 5, p432
Data from a large population-based case-control study conducted in the San Francisco Bay Area between 1994 and 2001 were analyzed to examine the association between pancreatic cancer and history of allergic conditions. Pancreatic cancer cases (n = 532) had to be 21-85 years of age and were...