The validity of the SF-36 in an Australian National Household Survey: demonstrating the applicability of the Household Income and Labour Dynamics in Australia (HILDA) Survey to examination of health inequalities
- Confiabilidad de un cuestionario para rastreo de trastorno de aprendizaje (CEPA) en niÃ±os en edad escolar. Betancur, Luz Ángela Gómez; Romero, Maria Gladys; Merchán, Vilma; Acevedo, Daniel Camilo Aguirre // El Ãgora USB;ene-jun2010, Vol. 10 Issue 1, p55
The assessment questionnaires are basic tools used in research or in programs geared to the early, simple, and fast detection of a sickness in the general population, with a high level of accepted reliability and validity. Objective: to determine the reliability of an assessment questionnaire...
- Analysis of the validity of the vignette approach to correct for heterogeneity in reporting health system responsiveness. Rice, Nigel; Robone, Silvana; Smith, Peter // European Journal of Health Economics;Apr2011, Vol. 12 Issue 2, p141
Despite the growing popularity of the vignette methodology to deal with self-reported, categorical data, the formal evaluation of the validity of this methodology is still a topic of research. Some critical assumptions need to hold in order for this method to be valid. In this paper we analyse...
- The Angina-related Limitations at Work Questionnaire. Lerner, D. J.; Amick III, B. C.; Malspeis, S.; Rogers, W. H.; Gomes, D. R. J.; Salem, D. N. // Quality of Life Research;Feb1998, Vol. 7 Issue 1, p23
This report describes initial experience with a new self-report questionnaire, the 17 item Angina-related Limitations at Work Questionnaire. Forty employed individuals with chronic stable angina pectoris completed the questionnaire which retrospectively examined the subjectsâ€˜ difficulty in...
- Validity Is a Many-Faceted Thing. // Phi Delta Kappan;Nov85, Vol. 67 Issue 3, p226
The article focuses on the different types of validity in psychometrics, explained by author Richard Schutz which include statutory validity, media validity, and political validity.
- THE PROBLEM OF VALIDITY vs. RELIABILITY IN PUBLIC OPINION POLLS. Link, Henry C.; Freiberg, A. D. // Public Opinion Quarterly;Spring42, Vol. 6 Issue 1, p87
Consumer surveys and their off-shoot, polls of public opinion, represent one of the most important developments in the field of scientific psychology. As measures of the mass mind and mass behavior they have progressed in recent years from the crude straw vote to the status of a scientific...
- Validity of the Control Preferences Scale in patients with emotional disorders. De las Cuevas, Carlos; Peñate, Wenceslao // Patient Preference & Adherence;Nov2016, Vol. 10, p2351
Background: The Control Preferences Scale (CPS) is the most frequently used measure of patients' preferred roles in treatment decisions. The aim of this study was to provide data about the validity of CPS in psychiatric care of patients with emotional disorders. Methods: The original CPS was...
- Adaptation and validation of the Spanish Version of the "Survey Work-Home Interaction - NijmeGen" (SWING) to Spanish speaking countries. Romeo, Marina; Berger, Rita; Yepes-Baldó, Montserrat; Ramos, Belén // Anales de PsicologÃa;ene2014, Vol. 30 Issue 1, p288
The purpose of this study is the adaptation and validation of the "Survey Work-Home Interaction - NijmeGen" (SWING) developed by Geurts and colleagues to Spanish speaking countries (SWING-SSC). In order to analyze the questionnaire's psychometric properties, confirmatory factor analysis (CFA)...
- Validity of Responses to Survey Questions. Parry, Hugh J.; Crossley, Helen M. // Public Opinion Quarterly;Spring50, Vol. 14 Issue 1, p61
This article discusses various aspects related to the validity of responses to questions asked in surveys. The major areas of concern, in this regard, happen to be the predictive accuracy derived out of the responses and the interpretation thereof. Also p
- The Credibility Gap. Galifianakis, Nick // Public Relations Tactics;Jun2003, Vol. 10 Issue 6, p1
Presents the survey from the adults on the credibility of newspapers and online news sources.