The Internet and HIV study: design and methods
- Predictors of Retention in an Online Follow-up Study of Men Who Have Sex With Men. Khosropour, Christine M.; Sullivan, Patrick S. // Journal of Medical Internet Research;Jul-Sep2011, Vol. 13 Issue 3, p3
Background: In the past 10 years, the Internet has emerged as a venue for men who have sex with men (MSM) to meet sex partners. Because online sex seeking has increased among MSM, Internet-based human immunodeficiency virus (HIV) prevention interventions are of interest. However, few online...
- NEW GAY SEX SURVEY. // Gay Community News;Jul2010, Issue 247, p7
The article reports that a European Man-for-Man Internet Sex Survey (EMIS) will take place across 31 coutnries in 25 languages in 2010 which is being promoted in Ireland by the Gay Health Network (GHN), Rainbow Project NI, and the Gay Men's Health Service (GMHS).
- 'Straight-Acting Gays': The Relationship Between Masculine Consciousness, Anti-Effeminacy, and Negative Gay Identity. Sánchez, Francisco; Vilain, Eric // Archives of Sexual Behavior;Feb2012, Vol. 41 Issue 1, p111
Some gay men are preoccupied with traditional notions of masculinity and express negative feelings towards effeminate behavior in gay men. Various scholars have speculated that such attitudes by gay men reflect internalized negative feelings about being gay. Thus, we sought to assess the...
- HIV: STILL OUR OWN FAULT? Watson, Mark // Gay Times (09506101);Jul2004, Issue 310, p77
Address several claims on how the Internet has contributed to the rise in HIV infection among gay men. Reasons of gay men in using the Internet; Study which tried to understand how the Internet has changed gay men's sexual behavior; Categories given to gay men.
- ADVICE. O'Neal, Cynthia // Out;Jun2004, Vol. 12 Issue 12, p196
Presents pieces of advice for gay men. Mother and son tension over son's personal belongings; Internet addiction; Sex between a gay male couple.
- Sexual Risk Behavior and Drug Use in Two Chicago Samples of Men Who Have Sex with Men: 1997 vs. 2002. Fendrich, Michael; Mackesy-Amiti, Mary Ellen; Johnson, Timothy P.; Pollack, Lance M. // Journal of Urban Health;May2010, Vol. 87 Issue 3, p452
Employing data from two Chicago-based household probability samples of men who have sex with men (MSM) implemented 5 years apart (the â€œUMHS 1997â€ and the â€œ2002 MSM supplementâ€ studies), we evaluated changes in risk behavior as well as the potential viability of two...
- uncommon wisdom. Tunnell, Gil // In the Family: A Magazine for Lesbians, Gays, Bisexuals, & their;Summer2002, Vol. 8 Issue 1, p5
Offers pieces of advice on helping a gay friend stop his unsafe sex practices with multiple partners before he acquires HIV. Correlation between having suicidal behavior and having unsafe sex practices; Topics to be clarified with such a friend; Importance of having a loving and nonjudgmental...
- Factors associated with unprotected anal intercourse among men who have sex with men in Douala, Cameroon. Henry, E.; Marcellin, F.; Yomb, Y.; Fugon, L.; Nemande, S.; Gueboguo, C.; Larmarange, J.; Trenado, E.; Eboko, F.; Spire, B. // Sexually Transmitted Infections;Apr2010, Vol. 86 Issue 2, p136
The article discusses a research study on factors connected with unprotected anal intercourse (UAI) with male partners among men who have sex with men (MSM) group in the city of Douala, Cameroon. Conducted was a survey among MSM men in Douala in 2008 on their sexual activity and practices and...
- Positive benefits: preventive impact of post-exposure prophylaxis awareness among those with diagnosed HIV. Dodds, C. // Sexually Transmitted Infections;Apr2008, Vol. 84 Issue 2, p92
Objective: To consider the extent to which those presenting for post-exposure prophylaxis (PEP) after sexual risk had been encouraged to do so by their PEP-aware partners with (diagnosed) HIV. Method: Thirty men who had completed the 2005 UK Gay Men's Sex Survey who said they had ever tried to...