Risk factors and in-hospital outcomes in stroke and myocardial infarction patients
- Atrial fibrillation, ST elevation, and history predict post-MI stroke. // Modern Medicine;Aug97, Vol. 65 Issue 8, p51
Presents an abstract of `Ischemic Stroke After Acute Mycocardial Infarction: A Population-Based Study,' by T. Mooe, P. Eriksson and B. Stegmayr from `Stroke' dated April 1997.
- Local confidential inquiry into avoidable factors in deaths from stroke and hypertensive disease. Payne, J.N.; Milner, P.C.; Saul, C.; Bowns, I.R.; Hannay, D.R.; Ramsay, L.E. // BMJ: British Medical Journal (International Edition);10/23/93, Vol. 307 Issue 6911, p1027
Evaluation of avoidable factors in deaths from stroke and hypertensive disease in Great Britain. Analysis of cases of important avoidable factors; Details on the interassessor and intra-assessor agreement on cause of death; Rate of deaths caused by cerebrovascular disease.
- A study of anatomical, seasonal and diurnal variation in the occurrence of ischemic stroke. Dubey, Divyanshu; Sawhney, Anshudha; Kavishwar, Arvind; Pande, Sonjjay; Dubey, Devashish // International Journal of Collaborative Research on Internal Medi;Oct2011, Vol. 3 Issue 10, p781
Introduction: Stroke is the third largest cause of mortality in India after heart attack and cancer. The stroke mortality rates are declining or stabilising in developed countries but there is concern over the emerging epidemic of stroke in India. Study of topographical distribution, seasonal...
- Risk Factors for Myocardial Infarction Case Fatality and Stroke Case Fatality in Type 2 Diabetes. Stevens, Richard J.; Coleman, Ruth L.; Adler, Amanda I.; Stratton, Irene M.; Matthews, David R.; Holman, Rury R. // Diabetes Care;Jan2004, Vol. 27 Issue 1, p201
OBJECTIVE â€” Patients with diabetes have a higher case fatality rate in myocardial infarction (MI) or stroke than those without diabetes: that is, MI and stroke are more often fatal if diabetes is present. We investigated whether the risk of MI or stroke being fatal in type 2 diabetes can...
- Risk factors for cerebrovascular and cardiovascular diseases beyond age 75 years. Mostafaie, N.; Huber, K.; Sebesta, C.; Krampla, W.; Jungwirth, S.; Zehetmayer, S.; Hinterberger, M.; Krugluger, W.; Tragl, K.; Fischer, P. // Journal of Neural Transmission;Nov2010, Vol. 117 Issue 11, p1247
Globally, cardiovascular diseases (CVDs) are the number one cause of all mortalities. Of these deaths, 7.6 million are due to heart attacks, and 5.7 millions are due to stroke. The Vienna Transdanube Aging Study (VITA), a population-based cohort study, enabled us to evaluate associations between...
- COPD exacerbationsz Not so innocent. // Internal Medicine Alert;6/15/2010 Supplement, p87
The article discusses the study which proved the association of acute exacerbation of chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (AE-COPD) to the increased stroke and myocardial infarction (MI) incidences to COPD patients.
- Behind the Headlines: Could a blood test predict heart risk? Tanday, Sanjay // GP: General Practitioner;1/19/2007, p29
The article informs that a blood test could predict stroke and myocardial infarction (MI) risk in chronic heart disease (CHD) patients. According to the author, the test is for the amino terminal of the BNP prohormone (NT-proBNP). He says that patients with the highest levels of NT-proBNP were...
- Highlights. // American Journal of Hypertension;Aug2010, Vol. 23 Issue 8, p811
The article focuses on studies regarding elevated serum uric acid (SUA) levels, which are risk factors of stroke and heart attack, and on the left ventricular hypertrophy (LVH) in relation to SUA. It offers information on the use of Losartan Intervention for Endpoint Reduction in Hypertension...
- PLASMA RENIN ACTIVITY AND VASCULAR DISEASE IN ESSENTIAL HYPERTENSION. Mroczek, William J.; Davidov, Michael E.; Finnerty Jr., Frank A.; Catt, Kevin J. // Angiology;Feb1976, Vol. 27 Issue 2, p91
Presents a study on plasma renin activity in African American hypertensive patients. Citation of the association of low renin activity with lower levels of heart attacks and strokes; Elevation of the mean serum creatinine concentration in patients with high renin levels; Identification of age,...