Analysis of inadequate cervical smears using Shewhart control charts
- SMEAR TAKING. Barlow, Lynne // Practice Nurse;10/10/2003, Vol. 26 Issue 6, p50
Focuses on ways to encourage cervical screening uptake among women from ethnic minorities. Views of ethnic minority women on cervical cytology; Tips on improving cervical cytology uptake among Asian women; Aspects of smear taking among Asian women.
- Liquid based cytology test will replace Pap throughout UK. // Practice Nurse;9/12/2003, Vol. 26 Issue 4, p9
Reports on the plan of the National Institute for Clinical Excellence in Great Britain to replace the Pap cervical smear test with liquid based cytology test, as of September 2003. Description of the new method; Advantages of the new technology.
- Diagnostic methods and techniques in preventing cervical carcinoma Part I: Conventional cytology and new cytological methods. Bolanča, Ines Krivak; Vraneš, Jasmina // Medicinski Glasnik;Feb2010, Vol. 7 Issue 1, p12
Cancer of the cervix is one of the most predictable and preventable types of cancer, however, it is still one of the most common malignancies. Due to a lack of information available to women about the causes of the disease, accessibility of screening programs, and limitations to the existing...
- Would female inmates accept Papanicolaou smear screening if it was offered to them during their incarceration? Martin, Ruth Elwood // CMAJ: Canadian Medical Association Journal;3/07/2000, Vol. 162 Issue 5, p657
Focuses on a survey regarding Papanicolaou smear screening at the Burnaby Correctional Centre for Women (BCCW). How female inmates at BCCW were offered a Pap test during their incarceration; Results and statistics; Limitation of the study; Follow-up of Pap smear results.
- Determining the interobserver reproducibility of Pap smears in the diagnosis of epithelial cell abnormalities. Izadi-Mood, Narges; Sarmadi, Soheila; Heydari-Farzan, Farzaneh; Haeri, Hayeda; Forouhesh-Tehrani, Zahra // Tehran University Medical Journal;Jul2011, Vol. 69 Issue 4, p237
Background: Cancer of uterine cervix is the second cause of death in women in the world and the most common cause in developing countries. Because the majority of women with invasive cervical cancer of the uterine have not previously undergone screening, many clinicians assume that Pap smear has...
- A study of abnormal cervical cytology in pregnant women. Yamazaki, Tatsuo; Inaba, Fujiyuki; Takeda, Nobuhiko; Huruno, Makiko; Kamemori, Tetsu; Kousaka, Nobuaki; Ohta, Yoriko; Fukasawa, Ichio; Inaba, Noriyuki // Archives of Gynecology & Obstetrics;Feb2006, Vol. 273 Issue 5, p274
During the 4 year routine study of smears in 2,919 pregnant women, 33 cases of abnormals of the uterine cervix were detected (1.13%). The patients were followed with uterine cervical cytology and colposcopy and in case of need, sometimes punch biopsies were performed. The results of the...
- Significance of High-Risk Human Papillomavirus DNA Detection in Women 50 Years and Older With Squamous Cell Papanicolaou Test Abnormalities. Zhao, Chengquan; Zhao, Shuping; Heider, Amer; Austin, R. Marshall // Archives of Pathology & Laboratory Medicine;Aug2010, Vol. 134 Issue 8, p1130
Context.--Data on cytologic screening and follow-up disproportionately reflect findings from frequently screened younger women, and data from screened women 50 years and older using newer screening technologies remain limited. Objective.--To better understand the utility of adjunctive high-risk...
- Practice nurses will be trained to carry out LBC smear test. // Practice Nurse;11/14/2003, Vol. 26 Issue 8, p6
Reports on the plan to retrain practice nurses to carry out liquid based cytology (LBC) smear test in Great Britain. Advantages of LBC smear test; Changes in the frequency of screening; Negative comment on LBC smear test.
- Vaginal intraepithelial neoplasia III detected after hysterectomy for benign conditions. Ferris, Daron G.; Messing, Mark J.; Crosby, John H. // Journal of Family Practice;Jan1995, Vol. 40 Issue 1, p81
Because primary vaginal cancer is rare, many experts discourage routine cytologic sampling of the vaginal vault following hysterectomy for benign circumstances. The following report describes a case of vaginal intraepithelial neoplasia III (VAIN III) detected by a vaginal vault Papanicolaou...