Hepatitis B virus infection in Haemodialysis Centres from Santa Catarina State, Southern Brazil. Predictive risk factors for infection and molecular epidemiology
- Antenatal screening for HIV; are those who refuse testing at higher risk than those who accept testing? Boxall, Elizabeth H.; Smith, Neil // Journal of Public Health;Sep2004, Vol. 26 Issue 3, p285
Background The UK Department of Health recommends that all pregnant women are offered screening for infection with human immunodeficiency virus (HIV) and had encouraged maternity units to achieve uptake targets of 90 per cent by the end of 2002. Many maternity units fail to meet this target and...
- Risk of Infection From Needle Reuse at a Phlebotomy Center. Porco, Travis C.; Aragon, Tomás J.; Fernyak, Susan E.; Cody, Sara H.; Vugia, Duc J.; Katz, Michell H.; Bangsherg, David R. // American Journal of Public Health;Apr2001, Vol. 91 Issue 4, p636
Conclusions. The infection risk was very low; few, if any, transmissions are likely to have occurred. (Am J Public Health. 2001;91:636-638)
- Erratum to: Molecular epidemiology and phylogenetic analysis of Hepatitis B virus in a group of migrants in Italy. Villano, Umbertina; Lo Presti, Alessandra; Equestre, Michele; Cella, Eleonora; Pisani, Giulio; Giovanetti, Marta; Bruni, Roberto; Tritarelli, Elena; Amicosante, Massimo; Grifoni, Alba; Scarcella, Carmelo; El-Hamad, Issa; Pezzoli, Maria Chiara; Angeletti, Silvia; Ciccaglione, Anna Rita; Ciccozzi, Massimo // BMC Infectious Diseases;11/17/2015, Vol. 15, p1
A correction to the article "Molecular epidemiology and phylogenetic analysis of Hepatitis B virus in a group of migrants in Italy" is presented.
- Seroprevalence and Risk Factors of Hepatitis B Virus Infection among Adolescents in Enugu, Nigeria. Eke, Christopher B.; Ogbodo, Sylvester O.; Ukoha, Oluchi M.; Ibekwe, Roland C.; Asinobi, Isaac N.; Ikefuna, Anthony N.; Ibe, Bede C. // Journal of Tropical Pediatrics;Dec2015, Vol. 61 Issue 6, p407
Objectives:The aim of the study was to determine the prevalence and correlates of hepatitis B virus infection in adolescents in Enugu-urban. Methods:A cross-sectional seroprevalence survey was conducted among school children aged 10-18 years. Subjects were selected...
- Prevalence and risk factors of hepatitis B and C virus infections in an impoverished urban community in Dhaka, Bangladesh. Ashraf, Hasan; Alam, Nur H.; Rothermundt, Christian; Brooks, Abdullah; Bardhan, Pradip; Hossain, Lokman; Salam, Mohammed A.; Hassan, Mohammed S.; Beglinger, Christoph; Gyr, Niklaus // BMC Infectious Diseases;2010, Vol. 10 Issue 1, p208
Background: Viral hepatitis is a serious global public health problem affecting billions of people globally, and both hepatitis B virus (HBV) and hepatitis C virus (HCV) infections are rapidly spreading in the developing countries including Bangladesh due to the lack of health education,...
- Hepatitis B Virus (HBV) Coinfection Accelerates Immunologic Progression in Patients With Primary HIV Infection in an Area of Hyperendemicity for HBV Infection. Tsai, Mao-Song; Chang, Sui-Yuan; Lo, Yi-Chun; Yang, Chia-Jui; Sun, Hsin-Yun; Liu, Wen-Chun; Wu, Pei-Ying; Hung, Chien-Ching // Journal of Infectious Diseases;Oct2013, Vol. 208 Issue 7, p1184
A letter to the editor is presented in response to an article on hepatitis B virus (HBV) coinfection, published in a 2013 issue.
- Prevention and Control of Infections with Hepatitis Viruses in Correctional Settings. Weinbaum, Cindy; Lyerla, Rob; Margolis, Harold S. // MMWR: Morbidity & Mortality Weekly Report;1/24/2003 Supplement, Vol. 52 Issue RR-1, p1
Presents suggestions for preventing and controlling infections with hepatitis B viruses (HBV) in correctional settings. Healthcare setup in correctional settings; Risk factors for viral hepatitis transmission among incarcerated persons; Epidemiology of HBV infection.
- Prevalence and Risk of Blood-Borne and Sexually Transmitted Viral Infections in Incarcerated Youth in Salvador, Brazil: Opportunity and Obligation for Intervention. Fialho, Margaret; Messias, Márcia; Page-Shafer, Kimberly; Farre, Lourdes; Schmalb, Márcia; Pedral-Sampaio, Diana; Ramos, Mauro; Brites, Carlos // AIDS & Behavior;Jul2008 Supplement, Vol. 12, p17
To determine the prevalence of sexually transmitted and blood-borne infections among incarcerated adolescents in Salvador, Brazil, we interviewed 300 incarcerated youth aged 11â€“18 years to participate in a physical examination and to provide a blood sample to test for HIV-1, hepatitis B...
- Hepatitis B Virus-associated Glomerulonephritis. Khedmat, Hossein; Taheri, Saeed // Hepatitis Monthly;Spring2009, Vol. 9 Issue 2, p137
Hepatitis B virus (HBV) infection has been shown to induce several extra-hepatic lesions, especially through deposition of immune complexes in different organs, and renal involvement is one of the most important of them. The association between chronic HBV infection and glomerular diseases was...