Reliability of sickness certificates in detecting potential sick leave reduction by modifying working conditions: a clinical epidemiology study
- Are Australian workplaces family friendly? Kilmartin, Christine // Family Matters;Winter96 Australian, Issue 44, p36
This article focuses on the Australian workplaces. In its recent release, "Australian Social Trends," the Australian Bureau of Statistics (ABS 1996) examined unpublished data and concluded that although it does not show in the data, there is a difference in the "standardized" rate at which men...
- TAKE A SICKIE, YOU DESERVE IT. Leaney, Nigel // Community Care;3/6/2008, Issue 1712, p8
The author argues that good managers should realize that their employees are prone to bouts of absence. He claims that the work environment can have an insidious effect on employees that initially is imperceptible. The author says in care work it is weakness which can do social workers harm that...
- LONG-TERM SICKNESS ABSENCE: CHANGES IN RISK FACTORS AND THE POPULATION AT RISK. LIDWALL, ULRIK; BERGENDORFF, SISKO; VOSS, MARGARETHA; MARKLUND, STAFFAN // International Journal of Occupational Medicine & Environmental H;Apr2009, Vol. 22 Issue 2, p157
Objectives: To investigate changes over time in factors associated with long-term sickness absence (LTSA) and in the fraction of LTSA attributable to these risk factors in 1986-1989 and 2002, respectively. Materials and methods: Data from two earlier Swedish studies respectively comprising 1622...
- New policies needed to tackle workplace sickness absence. // PharmacoEconomics & Outcomes News;5/7/2005, Issue 477, p5
Discusses research being done on long term sickness absence in the workplace. Reference to a study by M. Henderson and colleagues, published in the April 9, 2005 issue of the "British Medical Journal"; Increase in the contribution of psychiatric disorders to sickness absence; Conclusion of the...
- Is your employee genuinely sick? Dias, Katee // Caterer & Hotelkeeper;10/16/2009, Vol. 199 Issue 4599, p40
The article provides an answer to a question from a hotelier related to the sick leave of employees.
- Four Steps to Evaluate Absence Policies. Weber, Teri // Risk Management (00355593);Mar2011, Vol. 58 Issue 2, p11
The article highlights ways to gauge the effectiveness of absence policies, which includes conducting a review of the policy, assessing the Family Medical Leave Act provisions of the company and being up-to-date with regulations.
- Know your rights if ill on annual leave. Emin, David // Media Week;10/27/2009, Issue 1231, p19
The article presents a question and an answer related to canceling a leave and take the week as sick leave.
- Q&A. Hannaford, Janet // Education (00131156);Feb2014, Vol. 95 Issue 1, p11
The article provides an answer to a question related to the rejection of sick leave application.
- Q and A. Phil Ní Sheaghdha // World of Irish Nursing & Midwifery;Jun2015, Vol. 23 Issue 5, p51
No abstract available.