- CHATTER. // Media: Asia's Media & Marketing Newspaper;11/13/2008, p17
The article presents quotes from the firm IAC's chairman Barry Diller regarding business contracts, John Cahill, the chief of McCann Healthcare, about cervix, and Marcel Fenez regarding parties.
- Courtesy call. // Broadcasting & Cable;12/08/97, Vol. 127 Issue 50, p18
States that Barry Diller, chairman of HSN Incorporated, had a meeting with the House and Senate Commerce Committee staffers during the week of December 1, 1997. What was discussed at the meeting; Reason Diller was in Washington D.C. during that week; Uncertainty as to Diller's purpose for the...
- Turner, Diller: The flipside of the chip. McConnell, Chris // Broadcasting & Cable;3/4/96, Vol. 126 Issue 10, p8
Presents Silver King Chairman and chief executive officer, Barry Diller's views on the V-chip, an encoded program rating to read, targeted at broadcasters in the United States. Positive features of V-chip; Alternative proposed by Diller.
- Diller doing it his way. Handy, Bruce; Moody, John // Time;2/26/1996, Vol. 147 Issue 9, p52
Discusses the efforts of Barry Diller, the millionaire media magnate who built the Fox network, to attain his own media empire. Personality profile; How he almost owned Paramount and nearly gained control of CBS Inc.; What he bought in the summer and fall of 1995; Diller milestones; More.
- An old fox learns new tricks. Zoglin, Richard // Time;3/1/1993, Vol. 141 Issue 9, p52
Profiles Barry Diller, 51, who resigned last February as chairman of 20th Century Fox and mastermind of the Fox network. Diller, joining forces with two cable-industry partners, took over QVC, a cable home shopping channel in December. QVC would exploit fiber optics and digital compression and...
- Barry Diller. // U.S. News & World Report;3/9/92, Vol. 112 Issue 9, p19
Announces that Barry Diller shocked the entertainment industry last week by resigning as chairman of Rupert Murdock's Fox Inc. Highlights of his career; His plans.
- The last action mogul. Wolff, Michael // New York;05/24/99, Vol. 32 Issue 20, p22
Profiles United States media tycoon Barry Diller. Business career; Media company properties.
- Wallflower of the week. Adams, Kathleen; Catoggio, Nick // Time;8/14/1995, Vol. 146 Issue 7, p17
Points out that Barry Diller, former QVC honcho and wannabe network owner, was excluded from the big media-merger bash.
- Diller's daring programming plan. Mermigas, Diane // Electronic Media;9/09/96, Vol. 15 Issue 37, p16
Focuses on television industry executive Barry Diller's programming plan. Changes in economics of programming with expansion of the industry; Expense of producing and licensing programs; Financial prospects for Diller's television stations; Formula for success.