DirecTV Tackles Rural Station Concern
- NOS sports production workflow. Kesselaar, Ferry // TVB Europe;Mar2009, p10
The article reports on the sports operations project of Netherlands Broadcasting Corp. (NOS) in Europe. Under the OmniBus System, other CyberNOS components comprise a central media management area. It is noted that in this area, all incoming feeds are ingested simultaneously to Avid, Profile and...
- Transitioning to HD news. Suk, Andrew // Broadcast Engineering;Feb2008, Vol. 50 Issue 2, p84
The article discusses the process of transitioning a broadcast station into a high-definition (HD) news in the U.S. A successful transition should implement a system upgrade that involves the entire station. In addition, project planning and communication and the involvement of all affected...
- KING-TV taps HP server. G.D. // Broadcasting & Cable;04/07/97, Vol. 127 Issue 14, p108
Reports that NBC affiliate KING-TV Seattle has acquired a Hewlett-Packard MediaStream broadcast video server. Purchase price; Features of the system; Previous systems used by the station.
- WCOV-TV survives twister and comes back stronger. Dickson, Glen // Broadcasting & Cable;05/26/97, Vol. 127 Issue 22, p48
Reports on Montgomery, Alabama TV station WCOV-TV's expansion of its coverage area following upgrades in the equipment that were destroyed during a tornado disaster in the area in March 1996. Purchase of a Harris 120 kilowatt solid-state transmitter and Dielectric antenna; Costs of rebuilding...
- WDZL powers up in South Florida. Dickson, Glen // Broadcasting & Cable;05/26/97, Vol. 127 Issue 22, p49
Reports on television station WDZL's upgrade of its transmission power with a new antenna, tower location and transmitter to improve its coverage and signal reception in the Miami/Fort Lauderdale market. Costs of the upgrade; Possible use of the dual-use transmitter for digital TV broadcasting.
- Tools On Air Station in a Mac. McLean, Heather // TVB Europe;Apr2009, p34
The article reviews the software products Just:In Quicktime-based ingest for production process of television station and t:player automated playout video solution from ToolsOnAir.
- Gray Television's Permanent Revolution. Winslow, George // Broadcasting & Cable;10/8/2012, Vol. 142 Issue 39, p28
The article focuses on the technological innovations at Gray Television newsroom. According to company's vice-president (VP) Jim Ocon, they are using high-definition (HD) upgrades to its stations to implement changes on how the local stations produce news. It also mentions that the company has...
- Wrangling New Workflows. // Broadcasting & Cable;2/13/2012, Vol. 142 Issue 7, p26
The article reports that several television stations will commit to the installation of new upgrading automation systems as part of the high-definition (HD) newscasting. It says that KOMO and KUNS started to implement the Enhanced Live Production Control (ELC) automation systems of Sony in...
- TV 538 and SLAM!TV choose VidiGo Playout. // Broadcast Engineering Exclusive Insight;1/31/2012, p1
The article reports on the selection of VidiGo Playout by Dutch television channels TV 538 and SLAM!TV to support their use of interactive graphics and social media.