Comcast Apologizes for Channel Shift
- Battle Lines Form Over PEG Support. Haugsted, Linda // Multichannel News;9/29/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 39, p26
Reports on the commitment of Comcast Corp. to PEG, an electronic computer system for high definition television and voice-over Internet protocol. Lawsuit filed by Comcast against San Jose, California; Communities where Comcast has diminished support for PEG; Significance of PEG.
- Comcast plays high stakes digital game. Mermigas, Diane // Electronic Media;09/14/98, Vol. 17 Issue 38, p1
Presents information on Comcast Corp., while looking at its dominance in the digital communications market in the United States. Estimated value of Comcast; Comparison of Comcast to Time Warner company and Tele-Communications Inc.; Comments from Brian Roberts, president of Comcast; Reference to...
- Close Encounter With a Giant. Gibbons, Kent // Multichannel News;2/3/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 5, p36
Reports on the launch of a digital processing center developed by cable networks company Comcast Corp. on January 27, 2003 at Plainfield, New Jersey. Information on high definition (HD) programs affiliated to local Public Broadcasting Services (PBS) featured at the center; Difficulties faced by...
- He's No Churchill, But Comcast's Cohen Is a 'Talented' Painter. // Multichannel News;10/18/2010, Vol. 31 Issue 39, p6
The article focuses on the painting skills of David Cohen, executive vice president of Comcast Corp., and his active involvement in the proposed union of NBC Universal Inc. and Comcast in the U.S.
- COMCAST: IT WAS NETFLIX'S IDEA TO STRIKE THE ISP DEAL. GRUENWEDEL, ERIK // Home Media Magazine;4/14/2014, Vol. 36 Issue 12, p4
The article presents the views of David Cohen, executive vice president (EVP) of Comcast Corp., mass media company related to peering agreement signed by Netflix, media company that is slowing streaming speeds for its subscribers that use Comcast.
- Comcast Exec: Cable Needs Better Message. Hearn, Ted // Multichannel News;7/21/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 29, p16
Focuses on the concerns of Comcast Corp.'s official David Cohen on the widespread criticism over increase in cable rates in the United States. Opinion over the delivery of value proposition by the cable television industry; Report by the U.S. Federal Communication Commission on cable rates;...
- COMCAST'S internet essentials program. // News India Times;3/15/2013, Vol. 44 Issue 11, p24
The article offers information on the 2nd Annual Internet Essentials Progress Report of Comcast Corp. as announced by the Executive Vice President David L. Cohen.
- Hook Is En Pointe for Comcast. Eggerton, John // Multichannel News;1/25/2016, Vol. 37 Issue 4, Special section p10
The article profiles Cindi Hook, senior vice president and general risk officer of media company Comcast. Topics discussed include her career highlights, an overview of her responsibilities as general auditor and risk officer of Comcast, and the opinion of senior executive vice president David...
- Fast-Paced Politicker. Moss, Linda // Multichannel News;1/26/2015, Vol. 36 Issue 4, Special section p18
The article focuses on the career development of Melissa Maxfield, senior vice president of Federal Government affairs at mass media company Comcast Corp. Topics discussed include views of David Cohen, executive vice president at Comcast on the expertise of Maxfield, her involvement in support...