Hysterectomy Still Overdone: How to Avoid One
- Laparoscopic versus Microlaparotomy or Modern Minilaparotomy. Gungor, Mete; Ortac, Firat; Cengiz, Bora; Sonmezer, Murat; Demirel, Cem; Gurguc, Ali // Journal of Gynecologic Surgery;Winter99, Vol. 15 Issue 4, p193
Presents a study which assessed minilaparotomy hysterectomy as an alternative to laparoscopic-assisted vaginal hysterectomy (LAVH). Advantages of LAVH; Surgical technique; Results and discussion.
- Helping your patient through her hysterectomy. Holden, Linda S. // RN;Sep83, Vol. 46 Issue 9, p42
Provides information on hysterectomy. Impact of the extent of the surgery on the post-operation course; Determinants of post-surgical recovery; Immediate post-operation concern. INSETS: The emotional implications of hysterectomy;The anatomy and physiology of a hysterectomy;Looking for the...
- US alarm bells not needed here on morcellation risk. McMillan, Virginia // New Zealand Doctor;2/26/2014, p10
The article reports that gynecologists in New Zealand and Australian make much less use of the procedure uterine morcellation than their counterparts in the U.S., which is used during laporoscopy-assisted vaginal hysterectomy.
- Is Hysterectomy Obsolete? Scialli, Anthony R. // American Family Physician;6/15/2000, Vol. 61 Issue 12, p3559
Editorial. Discusses about hysterectomy. Reason for performing hysterectomy; Information on uterine fibroid embolization, an alternative to hysterectomy; Attitudes of physicians and patients toward hysterectomy.
- Hysterectomy. Torpy, Janet M.; Lynm, Cassio; Glass, Richard M. // JAMA: Journal of the American Medical Association;3/24/2004, Vol. 291 Issue 12, p1526
Discusses hysterectomy. Details of the woman reproductive system; Surgical risks; Effect that getting a hysterectomy could have on the onset of menopause; Types of hysterectomy; Surgical procedures for hysterectomy; Reasons for having a hysterectomy.
- Unexpected premalignant gynecological lesions in women undergoing vaginal hysterectomy for utero-vaginal prolapse. Elbiaa, Assem A. M.; Abdelazim, Ibrahim A.; Farghali, Mohamed M.; Hussain, M.; Omu, A. E. // Menopausal Review / Przeglad Menopauzalny;2015, Vol. 14 Issue 3, p188
Aim of the study was to estimate the incidence of unexpected premalignant gynecological lesions in women undergoing vaginal hysterectomy for utero-vaginal prolapse. Material and methods: Eighty women with asymptomatic utero-vaginal prolapse were included in this prospective study for vaginal...
- Answer to: Letter to the Editor entitled 'Uterus preservation as an alternative to an emergency hysterectomy for postpartum hemorrhage'. Sahin, Sadik; Guzin, Kadir; Eroğlu, Mustafa; Kayabasoglu, Furkan; Yaşartekin, Mustafa // Archives of Gynecology & Obstetrics;May2014, Vol. 289 Issue 5, p931
Sadik Sahin, Kadir Guzin, Furkan Kayabasoglu et al. respond to a letter to the editor submitted in response to their article "Emergency Peripartum Hysterectomy: Our 12-Year Experience", which appeared in a previous issue of the journal.
- Long Term Patient Satisfaction of Burch Colposuspension with or Without Concomitant Total Abdominal Hysterectomy. ULUBAY, MUSTAFA; OZTURK, MUSTAFA; KESKIN, UGUR; FIDAN, ULAS; FIRATLIGIL, FAHRI BURCIN; ALANBAY, IBRAHIM; YENEN, MUFIT CEMAL // Journal of Clinical & Diagnostic Research;Dec2015, Vol. 9 Issue 12, p1
Introduction: Urinary incontinence negatively affects the quality of life. Various methods are used in the treatment of stress incontinence. Burch colposuspension (BC) is the classical treatment of urinary incontinence. Aim: To compare the long-term satisfaction in patients receiving BC with or...
- Does Any Advantage Result from Subtotal Hysterectomy. Zepf, Bill // American Family Physician;3/15/2003, Vol. 67 Issue 6, p1340
Discusses the study 'Outcomes After Total Versus Subtotal Abdominal Hysterectomy,' R. Thakar et al., from the October 24, 2002 issue of the 'New England Journal of Medicine.'