Houghton Mifflin Mgt., Directors Purchase 287,000 Shares Of Stock
- Houghton Mifflin Results To Miss Earnings Forecast. // Publishers Weekly;10/16/2000, Vol. 247 Issue 42, p14
Reports on the status of the stocks of Houghton Mifflin as of October 2000. Forecast on its sales and earnings; Expectations of the company on its revenues; Factors that affected its sales and earnings.
- HMH, Reader's Digest Overhaul Finances. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;8/24/2009, Vol. 256 Issue 34, p12
The article reports on the refinancing deals entered into by Barry O'Callaghan and Ripplewood Holdings. The purchase of Houghton Mifflin by O'Callaghan from Harcourt, as well as Ripplewood's purchase of Reader's Digest (RD), both resulted in debt. On August 14, 2009, O'Callaghan notified...
- Houghton Mifflin lands Illinois online contract; looking for more RFP's. // Electronic Education Report;09/02/98, Vol. 5 Issue 16, p4
Reports on Houghton Mifflin Co.'s contract with online curriculum providers in Illinois. Creation of Illinois@Education Place; Terms of the contract; Other services awarded contracts by Illinois.
- Houghton Mifflin ships first abridged adult title. Sweeting, P. // Publishers Weekly;5/5/89, Vol. 235 Issue 18, p49
Report on Houghton Mifflin Audio's introduction of abridged readings of adult books.
- Houghton Mifflin to acquire Gollancz. Reuter, M.; Menkes, V. // Publishers Weekly;10/13/1989, Vol. 236 Issue 15, p10
Discusses Houghton Mifflin's plan to acquire Victor Gollancz, one of the few remaining British independent publishers, and the advantages of this acquisition. Distribution; Publishing program; British reaction. INSET: Barnes & Noble buys controlling interest in Bookstop..
- The college textbook publisher's Web site: Is it editorial? Education? Marketing? Alschuler, Liora // Seybold Report on Internet Publishing;Jul98, Vol. 2 Issue 11, p5
Discusses the role of the Houghton Mifflin College Division publishers Web site. Information on books included on the site; Details on the American History BiblioBase; Comments from Victoria Keirnan, director of Internet development for the College Division. INSET: The larger picture: A...
- Houghton Mifflin reports sales of $464 million in '93. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;1/31/1994, Vol. 241 Issue 5, p12
Reports on the sales of Houghton Mifflin Co. for 1993. Percentage increase from 1992 sales; Effect of the divestiture of Gollancz and Canadian operations; Operating income for 1993; Contribution of sales from the college division.
- Houghton predicts weak fourth quarter, cautious on '92. Reuter, M.; Reid, C. // Publishers Weekly;1/6/1992, Vol. 239 Issue 2, p16
States that despite strong results in the third quarter, Houghton Mifflin predicted weak results in the fourth quarter. Effects of the economic recession on general trade and college publishing; Comment from Nader F. Darehshori, chairman and CEO of Houghton Mifflin; Total revenues for third...
- General publishing sales increase 8 percent at Houghton. Milliot, Jim; Baker, John F. // Publishers Weekly;4/19/1993, Vol. 240 Issue 16, p8
Comments on sales figures from Houghton Mifflin's 1992 annual report. General books division sales at $91.8 compared to $84.5 for 1991; Operating profit $9 million compared to $5.4 million in 1991; Strongest gains in software division; Trade and reference field up; Acquisitions; Staff cuts;...