An Unconventional Approach to Intellectual Property Protection: The Case of an Australian Firm Transferring Shipbuilding Technologies to China
- Telematics -- exploiting its potential. McMorrow, Marie // Automotive Engineer;Sep2003, Vol. 28 Issue 8, p80
Looks into the issue concerning intellectual property rights while exploiting the potentials of telematics markets. Establishment of guidelines to be followed in the full service telematics system; Importance of the use of standard form confidentiality agreements and guidelines; Identification...
- VPI goes virtual. // R&D Magazine;Jul98, Vol. 40 Issue 8, p59
Focuses on the formation of a joint venture between the Virtual Reality Institute of Troy, Michigan, and Virginia Tech Intellectual Properties, to create Virtual Prototyping and Simulation Technologies (VPST). How VPST will operate; Benefits of the creation of VPST.
- Private and Social Incentives to Form R & D Joint Ventures. Martin, Stephen // Review of Industrial Organization;Apr1994, Vol. 9 Issue 2, p157
R & D patent pools induce individual firms to reduce investment in R & D, but are socially beneficial because they ensure greater competition in the post-innovation market. It is not usually optimal for all firms to combine in a single cooperative R & D venture. If R & D combinations are formed...
- Intellectual Property and the Firm. Burk, Dan L. // University of Chicago Law Review;Winter2004, Vol. 71 Issue 1, p3
The author has suggested in this essay that certain intellectual property doctrines may be better understood when viewed through the lens of property-based theories of the firm, and that certain doctrines, such as work made for hire, might be adjusted in light of such theories. In doing so, the...
- EDA consortium outlines IP re-use in standard designs. Ball, Richard // Electronics Weekly;6/4/2003, Issue 2102, p12
Reports on the release of SPIRIT, a series of standards to improve the creation and re-using of intellectual property, by the consortium of electronic design automation companies. Founders of SPIRIT; Purpose of the open tool programming interface that will be created by the consortium;...
- China serious about curbing industry theft? // Tire Business;9/15/2014, Vol. 32 Issue 12, p7
The article presents the author's views on concerns of foreign companies planning to do business in China over protecting their trade secrets. Several officials have voiced reluctance in setting up joint ventures in China. Two rubber industry companies have issued news on efforts of the Chinese...
- Get the right price when buying rights from multiple holders. McGrath, Becket // New Media Age;9/29/2005, p12
Discusses issues concerning the acquisition of media rights from multiple holders. Importance of considering how the owner sell his rights; Issues concerning competition law; Emergence of the issue in the case of Attheraces, a joint venture of Arena Leisure and Channel 4.
- Surgical teams up to develop innovative glue application. // Operating Theatre Journal;Sep2011, Issue 252, p15
The article reports on the deal between Surgical Innovations Ltd. and Advanced Medical Solutions Group PLC to develop a new adhesive tool for use during keyhole surgeries.
- Microsoft To Sell Non-Core Tech. Blau, John; Wolff, Michael F. // Research Technology Management;Jul/Aug2006, Vol. 49 Issue 4, p4
Reports that Microsoft's intellectual property (IP) licensing program sells non-core technology to start-ups or incubating companies in an effort to earn money from discoveries that would otherwise collect dust. Expected number of patented technologies Microsoft is to release every quarter...