THROUGH THE WIRE
- Cox launches VOD in S.D. // Cable World (10427228);4/22/2002, Vol. 14 Issue 16, p5
Reports on the launch of a video-on-demand (VOD) system by Cox Communications in San Diego, California in April 2002. Number of cable subscribers in the area; Contents of the cable package; Costs of subscribing to the VOD system.
- Cox wants more freedom from local government. Hatfield, David // Inside Tucson Business;7/4/2005, Vol. 15 Issue 3, p18
Reports that cable television operator Cox Communication Inc. wants more freedom from local government in Tucson, Arizona. Proposal of the firm to reduce the public access channels; Aim to reduce the caps that municipalities charge cable companies for use of the right of way; Date of expiration...
- Cox Breaks Ice, Offers One-Bill Option. Haugsted, Linda // Multichannel News;7/2/2001, Vol. 22 Issue 27, p8
Cox Communications Inc. customers in San Diego, Orange County, California, Omaha and New England will soon have more choice in billing options. They can consolidate their telephony, high-speed data and video transactions on one bill, or they can choose to place two services on one bill, and a...
- Cox Ad Sales Unit is Ready to 'GO'. Forkan, Jim // Multichannel News;6/16/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 24, p40
Cox Communications Inc., which launched its multisystem operator (MSO)-wide growth opportunities (GO) initiative in February 2003, has already been successful at selling deeper network advertising schedules, according to executives at its Cox Media advertisement sales division. Under the...
- Cox Gets Southern Calif. Employees Into Ads. Haugsted, Linda // Multichannel News;9/11/2006, Vol. 27 Issue 36, p46
This article reports on the move of Cox Communications Inc. to audition its employees at Orange County and Palos Verdes, California for series of TV and print advertisements aimed at building its image as the hometown cable television provider. Cox Communications will be facing competition from...
- Legal Issues Concerning Cable Television: The Greek Case. Iosifidis, Petros C.; Kiki, Joanna P. // Communications & the Law;Jun2000, Vol. 22 Issue 2, p5
Examines several issues concerning cable television (TV). Historical development of cable TV; Potential of cable TV; Legal delimitation of the medium; Access to cablecasting time with reference to Greek legal order.
- Cable Picture Looks Sharper For 2001, Especially Top Names. Conrad, Lee // High Yield Report;12/18/2000, Vol. 11 Issue 49, p1
Reports on the positive outlook for the cable television industry for the year 2001.
- TR!O Breaks Boundaries and Builds a Cult Following. Kokernak, Michael // Response;Aug2003, Vol. 11 Issue 11, p7
Features the cable network, TR!O. Growth of TR!O's net ad revenue in 2003; Services offered; TR!O's budget for programming costs.
- Madison, Wis. Wang, Karissa S. // Electronic Media;02/26/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 9, p6
Presents information about the state of the cable television broadcasting industry in Madison, Wisconsin as of February 26, 2001. Optimism of station managers that the market has a healthy economy and local advertising is up; Total amount in cable television revenues expected to be generated by...