PEOPLE & CALENDAR
- Multichannel News Index (MNI). // Multichannel News;1/13/2014, Vol. 35 Issue 2, p20
Statistics are presented on the Multichannel News Index (MNI) of Multiple-System Operators (MSO) like Comcast, Cablevision, and TimeWarner Cable, Programmers like AMC Networks, CBS, and Discovery Communications, and the Telephone companies AT&T, Sprint Nextel, and Verizon.
- Indy's Great Lakes Cable Show Went On. Brown, Karen // Multichannel News;3/31/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 13, p4
Cable operators and industry types were off to the races in the week preceding March 31, 2003 at the Great Lakes Cable Expo, even if they were running on a smaller track. As with most other shows, the floor at the Indianapolis Convention Center was compact to say the least, with aisles narrow...
- Slowdown May Hit CTAM Summit. Hogan, Monica // Multichannel News;7/2/2001, Vol. 22 Issue 27, p8
Pre-registered attendance for the upcoming CTAM Summit in San Francisco, California had started to trend down by late June, Cable & Telecommunications Association for Marketing officials said. Figures for the week ended June 22 were about 10 percent lower than pre-registration totals at the...
- Thaw in VOD Deployment Sought at Chilly Summit. Crupi, Anthony // Cable World (10427228);11/4/2002, Vol. 14 Issue 41, p13
Focuses on the Kagan video-on-demand (VOD) summit in New York Helmsley in November 2002. Cable operator executives who attended the summit; Issue faced by cable operators; Suggestion on tracking illegal copying of videos.
- BRIEFS. // Cable World (10427228);4/1/2002, Vol. 14 Issue 13, p10
Presents news briefs related to cable television networks as of April 2002. Corporate research unit created by Turner Broadcasting System; Suspension of the services of Court TV U.S. in Canada; Annual convention of the National Community Television Association.
- TECH TAKEWAYS FROM D.C. Ellis, Leslie // Multichannel News;8/6/2007, Vol. 28 Issue 31, p28
The article focuses on the Cable Television Administration & Marketing Society Summit in Washington D.C. Two of the topics in the event caught the author's attention, one for its conversational omnipresence and the other for its ramifications on all who call themselves broadband providers. These...
- CALENDAR. // Multichannel News;6/15/2009, Vol. 30 Issue 24, p24
A calendar of events related to cable television industry in the U.S. for 2009 is presented including the "Positively Cable 2009: Escape from the Planet of Mutant Broadband Hell" to be held at the Denver Tech Center in Colorado on June 16, the 2009 Minnesota Cable Communications Association...
- Comcast taking stake in MTN regional net. Dempsey, John // Daily Variety;7/20/2006, Vol. 292 Issue 12, p21
The article reports that cable operator Comcast Corp. has added another service to its sports operations, purchasing a 50% stake in the MountainWest Sports Network (MTN) in the United States. The Salt Lake City, Utah, cable system owned by Comcast will carry the MTN on its expanded-basic service...
- PEOPLE & CALENDAR. // Multichannel News;7/5/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 27, p12
Presents updates on executive succession and calendar of events in the cable television programming industry in the U.S. as of July 2004. Kerry Sheldon Hughes of ABC Network Group; Chris Shea of Comcast Corp.; Cable & Telecommunications Association for Marketing Summit.