Nickelodeon Partners Up
- America's Nickelodeon plays hardball to grab German cable viewers. Walker, Ruth // Christian Science Monitor;6/21/96, Vol. 88 Issue 145, p7
Reports that Nickelodeon International has filed a suit in the administrative court of Bremen, Germany against Bremen Medienanstalt, the local authority regulating television and radio. Call for the agency to explain why Nickelodeon has not yet been given a license to operate in the region;...
- Make the connection again, MTV says. Hall, Lee // Electronic Media;12/9/96, Vol. 15 Issue 50, p17
Focuses on an industrywide campaign initiated by MTV Networks company, to encourage cable subscribers to install additional outlets in their homes. Comments from Tom Michel, vice president, affiliate marketing and advertising sales; Translation of higher viewership; Information on the...
- KIDS' CHANNEL NICK CONTINUES GROWTH SPURT. Sutter, Mary // Variety;2/17/2003, Vol. 390 Issue 1, p37
Focuses on the increase in the ratings of cable television network Nickelodeon Latin America in 2002 for the 4-11 demographic. Decline in market competition; Ratings growth of Nickelodeon in Brazil; Increase in its ratings in Chile from a year ago.
- VH1 a priority for MTV prez. Dempsey, John // Daily Variety;3/18/2002, Vol. 275 Issue 12, p1
Reports on the executive changes at MTV Networks. Elevation of Judy McGrath to president of all the cable music networks; Appointment of John Skyes to chair sister company Infinity Radio; Expansion of the network's production menu.
- Out of Fashion. // Multichannel News;1/13/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 2, p6
Reports on the decision of cable television network of the company VH1 to discard its VH1/Vogue Fashion Awards franchise.
- MTVN Charts Course Amid Op Cost 'Squeeze' Moss, Linda // Multichannel News;5/6/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 18, p1
Reports the problems related to the programmer-distributor relations by MTV Networks company in the U.S. Statement regarding programmer-distributor relations by chairman Tom Freston; Effect of the spiraling license fees of sports networks on programmers; Request for license-fee increase by the...
- VH1 revisits the '80s with 'Strikes Back'. Martin, Denise // Daily Variety;8/29/2003, Vol. 280 Issue 41, p17
Describes the 'I Love the '80s Strikes Back' installment of VH1's decade-retrospective franchise.
- MTV Courts Comcast. Lasswell, Mark // Broadcasting & Cable;8/22/2005, Vol. 135 Issue 34, p7
Discusses a partnership deal being offered by MTV Networks to television cable operator Comcast in 2005. Details on the planned lifestyle network being developed by MTV and Comcast.
- Time Warner adds new Wink interactive service to L.A. // CED;Sep2001, Vol. 27 Issue 9, p14
Focuses on the partnership of Wink Communications Inc.'s Enhanced Broadcasting with Time Warner Communication for digital cable services in Los Angeles, California. Agreements of the partnership; Statement of Executive Vice President Melinda White concerning the partnership; Broadband operation...