HOUSE OF PAIN
- Pain connects cable at TWC and COmcast. Szalai, Georg // Hollywood Reporter;6/1/2009, Vol. 410 Issue 1, p8
The article focuses on the slowing trend of subscription of the services provided by the U.S. cable operators Comcast Corp. and Time Warner Cable Inc. (TWC) in the second quarter of 2009. It is stated that the subscriptions have been low, similar to the results in the fourth quarter of 2008....
- Family Squabbles. // CableFAX Daily;12/28/2005, Vol. 16 Issue 249, p1
Deals with the complaints of Brent Bozell, president of Parents Television Council, on Comcast's family tier. Allegation of Bozell for lack of sports cable channels and movie cable channels; Name calling of Bozell against Comcast and Time Warner.
- Pay TV Sub Rolls Take a 2nd-Quarter Hit. FARRELL, MIKE // Multichannel News;10/26/2015, Vol. 36 Issue 38, p34
The article focuses on the business of pay television (TV) services in the U.S. as of October 2015. It states that the number of pay TV subscribers remained steady in the second quarter of 2015, and mentions earnings of publicly traded cable operators like Comcast and Time Warner Cable. It notes...
- As Broadband Use Racks Up, Comcast Runs Data Cap Tests. REINHARDT KRAUSE // Investors Business Daily;11/4/2015, p00
Amid growing pay-TV subscriber losses, here's a multiple-choice question for investors in cable TV stocks:
- Fresh Breeze In Chicago. Haugsted, Linda // Multichannel News;12/20/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 51, p24
Focuses on the upgrade made by Comcast Corp. to its cable television infrastructure in Chicago, Illinois, as of December 20, 2004. Systems inherited by Comcast from AT&T Broadband; Goal of the upgrade; Statistical information on the operation of the Chicago division.
- Comcast's Largest Cable Systems. // Multichannel News;12/20/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 51, p26
Presents a directory of the largest cable television systems of Comcast Corp. across the U.S.
- Comcast gets into PPV-event. Umstead, R. Thomas // Multichannel News;02/21/2000, Vol. 21 Issue 8, p24
Provides updates related to pay-per-view (PPV) programming. Plans of Comcast Corp. Original Programming division to produce PPV concerts and events; Goal of Comcast Corp. to generate revenue and promote In Demand brand; Agreement of TVKO with cable and direct-broadcast satellite distributors...
- D3 deployment updates. // CED;Sep2009, Vol. 35 Issue 9, p12
The article reports on the deployment of Comcast Corp.'s D3 service in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania and San Francisco, California. It states that Comcast deployed the D3 service in about 50% of its entire footprint in July 2009. It notes that Comcast has announced that it would deploy D3 service...
- Time Warner Shuffle. // CableFAX Daily;4/3/2006, Vol. 17 Issue 63, p2
Reports that Time Warner Cable Inc. has officially launched its 15-channel family tier in the U.S.