ATTENTION SHOPPERS: No Easy Answers in Hard-Sell Economy
- SHOPPING FOR TALENT. // Multichannel News;9/26/2011, Vol. 32 Issue 36, p28
The article offers information on the partnerships formed by home shopping networks, such as QVC Inc., HSN Inc., and ShopNBC, with broadcast and cable networks to lure new shoppers and improve sales. According to the home shopping networks, they can provide cable networks with...
- Forecast met as subs added, income grows. Amdur, Meredith // Daily Variety;4/29/2004, Vol. 283 Issue 18, p13
Presents the financial results for Comcast Corp. for first quarter of fiscal 2004 in the U.S. Addition of high-speed data subscribers; Increase of total cable sales; Amount of free cash flow.
- HOT start for German shoppers. Hils, Mirim // Variety;9/16/96, Vol. 364 Issue 7, p41
Reports on the expansion of Germany-based teleshopping network Home Order Television's (HOT) audience share.
- Original series help cement a network's brand. Whitney, Daisy // Electronic Media;5/6/2002, Vol. 21 Issue 18, p28
Reports the importance of original series in branding a cable network. Status of the television shows; Performance of the cable networks; Growth profit of the cable networks.
- Cablevision Plans to Join Dish 'Winback' Rolls. Farrell, Mike // Multichannel News;8/13/2001, Vol. 22 Issue 33, p3
Focuses on the increase in revenues of Cablevision Systems Corp. in the second semester in the United States. Revision of cable systems' cash-flow forecasting; Plans of MSO on a modem-leasing program; Factors affecting DBS growth rates.
- Prime Numbers. // Cable World (10427228);4/15/2002, Vol. 14 Issue 15, p31
Reports that ESPN led all cable channels in the United States in advertising revenue in November 2002, according to Kagan World Media. Leading networks that generated more than half of their advertising revenues during the nighttime hours; Only network that generated a significant amount of its...
- QVC revamps strategy. // Adweek Western Edition;10/17/94, Vol. 44 Issue 42, p9
Reports on QVC's plan to initiate an on-air anytime-retailing pitch for bedding, kitchen appliances and electronics. Testing of infomercials by HSN Direct; Services included in the Test Drive Network.
- QVC, HSN explore next levels of branded tele-retailing. Underwood, Eleine // Brandweek;10/17/94, Vol. 35 Issue 40, p9
Reports on various developments regarding QVC Network and Home Shopping Network's (HSN) broadcast of home shopping programs. QVC Electronic Retailing; Broadcasting of branded food commercials; HSN's Test Drive Network.
- Networking. // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;8/2/1994, Vol. 168 Issue 22, p9
Reports on developments related to home television shopping. Q2's weekend time slot's focus on a casual style direction with a touch of sophistication; Home Shopping Network's receipt of a $129 million from Silver King Communications as repayment for a secured note.