Discovery Networks Varies Its Menu of VOD Content
- Research:. // CableFAX Daily;5/2/2006, Vol. 17 Issue 85, p2
Highlights the results of a study on cable programming in the U.S., conducted by Arbitron. Percentage of respondents who stated that basic cable networks should be able to air whatever programming they want; Information on video-on-demand format; Impact of the study on the cable industry.
- Rodgers' worlds. McConville, Jim // Electronic Media;02/01/99, Vol. 18 Issue 5, p4
Focuses on the reasons given by Johnathan Rodgers on his decision to shift from broadcast to cable television. Appointment of Rodgers as president of Discovery Networks; Attitudes of cable television towards television affiliates; Former broadcast television executives that have transferred to...
- It's Better Than "Stuff Happens.". // Broadcasting & Cable;3/13/2006, Vol. 136 Issue 11, p7
Reports on the rebranding of the The Learning Channel (TLC) cable television network of Discovery Communications. Decline in the ratings of the television programs of TLC; Television series to be launched by the TLC.
- It's a buyer's market. Petrozello, Donna // Broadcasting & Cable;02/22/99, Vol. 129 Issue 8, p18
Offers a look on the cable networking market in the United States. Factors which contributed to the decline in the number of network companies in the country; Challenges faced by network companies; Investments of Discovery Communications Inc. for the launching of Discovery Health.
- Comcast's On-Demand Discovery. Donohue, Steve // Multichannel News;6/21/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 25, p8
Reports on the agreement between Discovery Networks and Comcast Corp. wherein Discovery will supply the MSO with programs from its various networks. List of networks of Discovery; Benefits of Discovery programming to Comcast; Importance of the VOD products of Comcast to cable networks.
- Fun is Not a Drain on the Brain. Myers, Lindsey; Janoff, Barry // Brandweek;7/14/2003, Vol. 44 Issue 27, p33
Focuses on the television advertisements promoting Discovery Channel cable television network. Message of the campaign; Description of each advertisements.
- 20 Years of Discovery. // Television Week;4/4/2005, Vol. 24 Issue 14, pC3
Highlights events related to the cable television network Discovery Channel (DC) that took place from 1985 to 2005. Launch of DC; Acquisition of the Learning Channel by Discovery Communications; Anniversary celebration of the network.
- Discovery Finds That FitTV Was Best Fit After All. Moss, Linda // Multichannel News;10/13/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 41, p1
Reports on the plans of Discovery Networks U.S., in partnership with fitness impresario Jake Steinfeld, to relaunch The Health Network (THN) channel in January 2004. Return of the channel's name to FitTV; Amount paid by Discovery when it purchased THN from Fox Cable Network Group of News Corp.;...
- Discovery Offers High-Definition Channel. Neel, K.C.; Lee, Will // Cable World (10427228);4/22/2002, Vol. 14 Issue 16, p10
Reports on the plans of Discovery Communications to launch a 24-hour, advertisement-supported network shown in high definition (HD) in June 2002. Information on the programming structure of Discovery HD Theater; Outlook of U.S. cable operators for the plans; Doubts on the revenue viability of...