DirecTV Scores Subscriber Increase
- SATELLITE SERVICES. Moss, Linda // Multichannel News;1/8/2007, Vol. 28 Issue 2, p19
The article focuses on the video-on-demand offerings proposed by broadcast satellite services providers DirecTV Inc. and Echostar Communications Corp.'s Dish Network to compete with cable television providers in the U.S. DirecTV has proposed to launch its video-on-demand download service called...
- DirecTV Plans 70 HD Nets. Moss, Linda // Multichannel News;8/13/2007, Vol. 28 Issue 32, p8
The article reports on the high-definition expansion plans of satellite provider DirecTV in the U.S. in 2007. DirecTV will launch its new package of high-definition offerings at the end of the third quarter of 2007. The firm plans to offer over 70 channels as part of its new package of...
- Tracking Satellite HD Options. Elrich, David // TWICE: This Week in Consumer Electronics;1/5/2006, Vol. 21 Issue 1, p92
The article reports on satellite high definition (HD) options offered by direct-to-home satellite TV suppliers as of January 2006. It was found that DirecTV aired more than 125 National Football League games in HD. The company also offer HD pay-per-view channel. Dish Network offers a low rate...
- A showcase in 4K. Nainberg, Sebastián // TVB Europe;Jul2013, p13
In this article, the author talks about the 4K Day event that was held by French premium pay television channel Canal+ in Madrid, Spain in June 2013, wherein the company tried a 4K broadcasting of an ultra high definition (UHD) production. He states that the trial was conducted for a whole day...
- DirecTV, New Line to offer HD-PPV. // Broadcasting & Cable;01/18/99, Vol. 129 Issue 3, p122
Presents news items related to high definition television (HDTV) market in the United States. Partnership of satellite television network DirecTV and New Line Cinema to license and distribute high definition pay-per-view movies; Launch of HDTV service by DirecTV competitor EchoStar.
- Study: HD Can Slow DBS Advances. Reynolds, Mike // Multichannel News;3/1/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 9, p32
Reports that high-definition television (HDTV) will be the most effective tool in slowing the advancements of direct broadcast satellite television according to the second half of the annual State of Cable & Broadband study. Comparison on the services and technologies that would mostly lead to...
- DirecTV, Dish Have Tough Third Quarters. Tarr, Greg // TWICE: This Week in Consumer Electronics;11/19/2012, Vol. 27 Issue 23, p53
The article reports that at the end of their respective 2012 third quarters, subscription to satellite-television providers DirectTV and DishNetwork reached 20 million and 14 million respectively.
- Satellite TV Primed for Global Takeover? Moresco, Justin // Red Herring;2/12/2008, p5
The article forecasts that the global satellite pay-television (TV) market will expand at a brisk pace with revenue expected to grow nearly 50 percent by 2011. According to a report issued by In-Stat, rapid growth in less-mature markets like Asia, Eastern Europe and Africa, the advent of high...
- Stay Tuned for More Channels. Antonoff, Michael // Sound & Vision;Nov2003, Vol. 68 Issue 9, p16
Focuses on the plan of several cable and satellite television channels, including Starz, A&E, and the History Channel, to offer high-definition additions to their programs. Launch of Starz HD and Stars Hi Res from the Starz Encore Group in December 2003; Information on EchoStar's Dish Network.