Patient and health service delay in the diagnosis of pulmonary tuberculosis in Ethiopia
- Poorer suburbs lack hospitals. Becker, Cinda // Modern Healthcare;5/21/2007, Vol. 37 Issue 21, p8
This article reveals that suburban areas with low poverty rates seem to be awash with hospital resources but high poverty suburban communities had the smallest proportion of hospital use and specialty-care capacity, according to the study published in the May/June issue of the "New York Academy...
- Health extension program factors, frequency of household visits and being model households, improved utilization of basic health services in Ethiopia. Yitayal, Mezgebu; Berhane, Yemane; Worku, Alemayehu; Kebede, Yigzaw // BMC Health Services Research;2014, Vol. 14 Issue 1, p1
Background Ethiopia has implemented a nationwide primary health program (the Health Extension Program) at the grass roots level since 2003. The aim of the program is to increase public access to basic health services, mainly by producing model households. These are households which attend at...
- Analysis of changes in the association of income and the utilization of curative health services in Mexico between 2000 and 2006. // BMC Public Health;2011, Vol. 11 Issue 1, p771
The article presents a research conducted on changes in the association of income and the utilization of curative health services in Mexico between 2000 and 2006. The study focuses on the utilization of formal healthcare providers vs. no healthcare service utilization. It highlights the method...
- ORGANIZAâ‚¬Ã‡O DA ESTRATGIA SAÃ©DE DA FAMÃ–LIA E ASPECTOS RELACIONADOS AO ATRASO DO DIAGNÃ STICO DA TUBERCULOSE. de S, Lenilde Duarte; Rodrigues, Dbora Csar de Souza; Barrto, Anne Jaquelyne Roque; de Oliveira, Annelissa Andrade Virg¡nio; Pinheiro, Patr¡cia Ge¢rgia Oliveira Diniz; Nogueira, Jordana de Almeida // Cogitare Enfermagem;jul-sep2011, Vol. 16 Issue 3, p437
The aim of the study was to analyze the relationship between the organization of health services and the factors which influence delay in the diagnosis of tuberculosis in the health districts of JoÃ£o Pessoa/ParaÃba in Brazil. The research was qualitative and involved six workers in health...
- Walk the PATH to Good Health. Riehle, Melanie // Trustee;May2003, Vol. 56 Issue 5, p27
Focuses on the Partnership to Advance Tomorrow's Health (PATH) community health program implemented by Margaret Mary Community Hospital in Batesville, Indiana. Information on the PATH health ministry project; Formation of community-based walking clubs; Expansion plans for PATH as of 2003.
- Asktheexpert. // Pulse;2/4/2009, Vol. 69 Issue 3, p29
The article provides an answer to a question concerning the responsibilities of local community hospitals.
- LOCAL NEWSPAPERS, COMMUNITY PARTNERSHIPS, AND HEALTH IMPROVEMENT PROJECTS: THEIR ROLES IN A COMPREHENSIVE COMMUNITY INITIATIVE. Hubbell, Anne P.; Dearing, James W. // Journal of Community Health;Oct2003, Vol. 28 Issue 5, p363
To understand local media's role in a community health initiative, a content analysis of 1,709 paragraphs from 173 news articles and editorials was undertaken. The articles were from three local newspapers, one in each of three communities. Analyses focused on article content combined with...
- Solano County charts a course to coordinated community care. Luggiero, Gary // AHA News;03/24/97, Vol. 33 Issue 11, p2
Focuses on efforts by the Solano Coalition for Better Health's effort to chart a course aimed at coordinating community care in Solano County, California. Signs of fragmented health care system; Initiative by coalition to stave off closure of underfunded health clinic in Vallejo, California;...
- Thank you, doctor. // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);8/3/2007, Vol. 54 Issue 35, p33A
Several photographs are presented that highlight various activities related to health services in Long Island, New York, including the Options for Community Living program, the annual Helen's Walk at Sands Point Park in honor of Helen Keller, and the Hunger Awareness Day.