Comparison of deferral rates using a computerized versus written blood donor questionnaire: a randomized, cross-over study [ISRCTN84429599]
- Malaria Parasitemia in Apparently Healthy Blood Donors in North-Central Nigeria. Damen, James G.; Barnabas, Obioma; Damulak, Dapus; Ntuhun, Bala D.; Lugos, M. D.; Nyary, Bryan // Laboratory Medicine;Winter2015, Vol. 46 Issue 1, p42
Objective: To determine the prevalence of transmissible malaria in apparently healthy blood donors in the city of Jos in north-central Nigeria. Methods: We collected blood specimens from individuals who had passed the screening criteria for blood donation. We created thin and thick blood films...
- Screening for human T cell leukaemia/lymphoma virus among blood donors in Sweden: cost effectiveness analysis. Tynell, Elsa; Bjorkman, Anders; Andersson, Soren; Arneborn, Malin; Ramstedt, Kristina; Lithander, Eva; Blomberg, Jonas; Hansson, Hans Bertil; Krook, Aud; Nomberg, Mats; Shanwell, Agneta // BMJ: British Medical Journal (International Edition);05/09/98, Vol. 316 Issue 7142, p1417
Focuses on a study that analyzed the cost effectiveness of a national program to screen blood donors in Sweden for infection with the human T cell leukemia/lymphoma virus. History of the identification of human T cell leukemia/lymphoma viruses types I and II; Subjects and methodology of the...
- Sant Nirankari Mission Hosts Blood Drive, Marrow Screening. // India -- West;5/13/2011, Vol. 36 Issue 25, p26B
The article reports on the efforts of the Sant Nirankari Mission's Los Angeles chapter to initiate a blood drive and bone marrow screening through a collaboration with the Lifestream blood bank.
- Blood donor policy review. // HIV Australia;2009, Vol. 8 Issue 3, p4
The article reports on the commissioned review by the Australian Red Cross Blood Services, of a policy concerning the medical screening of potential blood donors engaged into sexual activity
- Don't forget the over 60s. Hewitt, Patricia; Chapman, Catherine; Anand, Rekha; Hewson, Nicola; Brailsford, Su; Tedder, Richard // BMJ: British Medical Journal (Overseas & Retired Doctors Edition;7/16/2011, Vol. 343 Issue 7815, p109
No abstract available.
- Evaluation of Malaria Parasite Screening Procedures Among Sudanese Blood Donors. Ali, Mohamed Siddig M.; Yousif, Abdul Gader Mohamed; Mustafa, Mustafa Salih; Ibrahim, Malik Hassan // Clinical Laboratory Science;Spring2005, Vol. 18 Issue 2, p69
OBJECTIVE: To compare the standard microscopic examination, the polymerase chain reaction (PCR), and the immunochromatography test (ICT) to determine the best method for screening blood donors for malaria parasites in Sudan. METHODS: A total of 100 blood donors were screened for malaria...
- Programas de control externo de la calidad en serologÃa desarrollados en AmÃ©rica Latina con el apoyo de la OPS entre 1997 y 2000. Saez-Alquezar, Amadeo; Otani, Marcia M.; Sabino, Ester C.; Salles, Nanci A.; Chamone, Dalton F. // Revista Panamericana de Salud Publica;Feb2003, Vol. 13 Issue 2/3, p91
Provides information on a study that examined the quality of serological screening of blood donors in five groups of blood banks in Latin America between the 1997-2000 period. Methodology of the study; Results and discussion on the study.
- Comment on: One window-period donation in two years of individual donor-nucleic acid test screening for hepatitis B, hepatitis C and human immunodeficiency virus. Vermeulen, Marion // Revista Brasileira de Hematologia e Hemoterapia;2013, Vol. 35 Issue 4, p225
An introduction is presented in which the editor discuss a report within the issue on topics regarding the implementation of several medical screening tests on blood donor to screen for hepatitis B, human immunodeficiency virus (HIV), and nucleic acid amplification.
- Blood Donation: Survey Results. Ersan, Gürsel; Liv, Fatma; Köse, Şükran // Turkish Journal of Hematology;Mar2012, Vol. 29 Issue 1, p87
A letter to the editor is presented which is concerned with a survey of 1,735 blood centers (131) and hospitals (1604) in the U.S. which was conducted to investigate blood donation rates.