Verbal autopsy of 48 000 adult deaths attributable to medical causes in Chennai (formerly Madras), India
- Analytical Study of Medical Certification of Cause of Death. Srinivasulu, K. // Indian Journal of Forensic Medicine & Toxicology;Jan-Jun2014, Vol. 8 Issue 1, p153
The study on assessment of Medical certification of cause of death was conducted at a rural medical college hospital in Andhra Pradesh to find out the errors in cause of death certificates for a period of one year from 1st January 2011 to 31st December 2011. The certificates are collected from...
- He said, she said. Starr, David S. // Cortlandt Forum;12/21/98, Vol. 11 Issue 12, p41
Presents a medical case that signifies the need for physicians treating patients to take special care to document patients' high risk of doing poorly. Making of detailed notes of their reasoning and steps in management; Actions that prepare the family for the patient's probable death or...
- The Clinical Record in Medicine Part 2: Reforming Content and Purpose. Reiser, Stanley J. // Annals of Internal Medicine;6/1/91, Vol. 114 Issue 11, p980
Part II. Addresses issues surrounding clinical record-keeping. Purposes of medical records; Historical perspective; Developments in the monitoring of medical records.
- Give the doctor the right information. // Fairfield County Business Journal;8/21/95, Vol. 34 Issue 34, p13
Presents a checklist of medical and health history for individuals to prepare for incidents of sudden injury or illness where surgery is required. Importance of anesthesiologists' knowledge of the person's medical history prior to anesthesia administration.
- Taking the Occupational History. // Annals of Internal Medicine;Nov83, Vol. 99 Issue 5, p641
Provides information on occupational history, an integral part of a medical interview. Reasons for obtaining the occupational history; Levels of occupational history; Integration of the occupational history with the clinical evaluation.
- A patient's narrative. // BMJ: British Medical Journal (Overseas & Retired Doctors Edition;1/16/2010, Vol. 340 Issue 7738, p149
A personal narrative is presented which explores the lessons learned by the author related to medical history taking with her 70-year-old patient named Lenore.
- Aspects of PFSH. // Dermatology Coding Alert;Jun2011, Vol. 7 Issue 6, p37
The article discusses the three subsections of past medical, family and social history (PMFSH) with highlights on examples of each subsection.
- Study of Seasonal Characteristics of Mortality in People Over 65 Using Medical Records. Tae-Yeol Kim; Kwang-Hwan Kim; Yong-Ha Kim // Journal of Convergence Information Technology;Sep2013, Vol. 8 Issue 14, p414
The aim of the study is to investigate the seasonal aspects affecting death. The subjects were 368 deceased patients over the age of 65 within a year period from January 1st 2012 to December 31st 2012. There was a higher rate of death in males with 60.1% compared to 39.9% in females. By season...
- ASSESSMENT OF MEDICAL CERTIFICATE OF CAUSE OF DEATH AT A NEW TEACHING HOSPITAL IN VADODARA. Patel, Amul B.; Rathod, Hitesh; Rana, Himanshu; Patel, Viren // National Journal of Community Medicine;Oct-Dec2011, Vol. 2 Issue 3, p349
The study was conducted to find out errors in the medical certification of cause of death during July 2011 at a new teaching hospital in Vadodara. All certificates of in-hospital deaths in medical record department, from May 2010 to June 2011, were assessed for major and minor errors. Data were...