Variations in chemoprophylaxis for meningococcal disease: a retrospective case note review, analysis of routine prescribing data and questionnaire of general practitioners
- Antibiotic prescribing: the need for a policy in general practice. Wyatt, Tim D.; Passmore, Clare M.; Morrow, Norman C.; Reilly, Philip M. // BMJ: British Medical Journal (International Edition);2/17/90, Vol. 300 Issue 6722, p441
Investigates the necessity of a policy for antibiotic prescribing by general practice in Northern Ireland. Importance of doctors to adopt a questioning approach before including in the drug prescription; Analysis of the numbers of prescription and dosing units; Use of prescribing formulary for...
- Factors influencing general practitioners in the prescription of homeopathic medicines. Abratt, Russell; Lanteigne, Julie // South African Journal of Business Management;Sep2000, Vol. 31 Issue 3, p91
This study examines the factors influencing general practitioners' prescription behaviour. It differs from previous studies in that the subject is homeopathic medicines and not pharmaceutical drugs. The literature indicates very particular behaviour patterns of doctors' prescription behaviour....
- `Academic detailing' improving prescribing practices in North Vancouver, conference told. Silversides, Ann // CMAJ: Canadian Medical Association Journal;03/15/97, Vol. 156 Issue 6, p876
Focuses on issues concerning physician prescribing practices in North Vancouver, British Columbia, as discussed in a conference in Toronto, Ontario. Reduction in prescription drug costs; Public- and private-sector spending on prescription; Prescribing habits; Problem-oriented formulary for...
- Singlehanded GPs give more unnecessary prescriptions. Kelly, Brian // Pulse;2/10/2003, Vol. 63 Issue 6, p4
Reports on the prescribing costs of singlehanded general practitioners (GP) in Great Britain. Influence of drug company representatives on the prescribing habits of GP; Reliance of singlehanders on drug representatives; Comparison between singlehanded GP and GP in group practice.
- California levies $48 million fine for on-line Rxs. // Drug Topics;3/3/2003, Vol. 147 Issue 5, p7
Reports that the California medical board has fined out-of-state physicians for prescribing over the Internet for patients in California.
- M.D. recommends variety of drugs for today's G.P.s. Blank, Dennis // Drug Topics;10/4/99, Vol. 143 Issue 19, p32
Provides information on some of the drugs being prescribed by physicians in the United States to treat certain diseases. Tamoxifen; Carvedilol; Celecoxib and rofecoxib.
- Use of medicines in general practice. Skegg, D.C.G.; Doll, Richard; Perry, J. // British Medical Journal;6/18/1977, Vol. 1 Issue 6076, p1561
Examines the drug prescriptions issued by general practitioners in Great Britain. Prescribing habit of general practitioners; Types of drugs often prescribed by general practitioners; Percentage of people acquiring different numbers of prescriptions dispensed during the year according to sex...
- Continuing education in therapeutics: aids to discussions on prescribing. Herxheimer, Andrew; Twycross, Robert // British Medical Journal;5/15/1976, Vol. 1 Issue 6019, p1198
Describes the methods used by doctors in drug prescription. Concern of specialists in pharmacotherapeutics in teaching doctors the proper use drugs; Violation of the principle in the participation of learners in the educational process; Dependence of doctors on drug companies for information...
- Primary non-compliance with prescribed medication in primary care. Beardon, P.H.G.; McGilchrist, M.M.; McKendrick, A.D.; McDevitt, D.G.; MacDonald, T.M. // BMJ: British Medical Journal (International Edition);10/2/93, Vol. 307 Issue 6908, p846
Examines the factors influencing the failure of patients in redeeming prescriptions. Prevalence of non-redemption among women; Variation of non-redemption with age, sex, general practitioner and exemption status; Estimation of drug exposure from dispensing data.
- Four traps for the prescribing doctor. Drury, Michael; Sabbagh, Karl // British Medical Journal (Clinical Research Edition);2/27/1982, Vol. 284 Issue 6316, p633
Presents challenges faced by physicians in drug prescription in Great Britain. List of controlled drugs; Opportunities for unsafe prescription; Potential for errors in repeat prescription.