Variations in chemoprophylaxis for meningococcal disease: a retrospective case note review, analysis of routine prescribing data and questionnaire of general practitioners
- New 28-day repeat script plan 'crazy' // Pulse;3/3/2003, Vol. 63 Issue 9, p21
Reports that the General Practitioners Committee (GPC) has condemned as 'crazy' attempts by primary care trusts (PCT) to impose blanket 28-day repeat prescribing intervals on general practitioners (GP) in Great Britain. Pharmacists' claim that having standardized prescribing intervals cuts drug...
- Practices face cash penalty for altering script intervals. Finch, Rob // Pulse;6/16/2003, Vol. 63 Issue 24, p21
Reports that general practitioners (GP) face cash penalty for altering prescribing intervals at the end of the financial year to meet their drug budgets in Great Britain. Use of electronic prescribing analysis and costing data; Possibility of primary care trusts' use of fiscal measures to...
- MPs want action on risky scripts. // Pulse;6/30/2003, Vol. 63 Issue 26, p8
Reports on the warning about risky drug prescribing issued by the government to general practitioners in Great Britain.
- Scots GPs could save ï¿½14m extra on drugs. // Pulse;6/30/2003, Vol. 63 Issue 26, p8
Reports on the improvement in the quality of drug prescribing by general practitioners in Scotland.
- GPs ignore warnings in BNF on asthma. // Pulse;5/24/2004, Vol. 64 Issue 21, p16
Reports on the observation on the move of general practitioners to prescribe off-license drugs to treat asthma against specific advice from BNF in Great Britain.
- Unbalanced presentation of facts breaks UK drug adverts code. Mayor, Susan // BMJ: British Medical Journal (International Edition);09/18/99, Vol. 319 Issue 7212, p727
Discusses issues on the prescription of medicines in Great Britain. Basis of most of the cases heard by the Prescription Medicines Code of Practice Authority; Details on the complaint of a general practitioner against a pharmaceutical company.
- PCOs scrap prescribing incentive schemes. Anekwe, Lilian // Pulse;4/6/2011, Vol. 71 Issue 12, p8
The article reports on the disposal of prescribing incentive schemes in England in response to changes to the new general practitioners (GP) contract.
- Superstatin threat to GP budgets. // Pulse;11/11/2002, Vol. 62 Issue 43, p7
Focuses on the impact of superstatins prescription on general practitioners budgets. Cost of prescribing the drug; Importance of the drug for treating coronary heart disease; Efficacy in lowering cholesterol levels.
- Maximising your income from Zoladex. Silver, Lisa // GP: General Practitioner;6/3/2002, p41
Presents ways in which a physician can profit in prescribing and dispensing the drug Zoladex in Great Britain. Need for the prescription to be sent to the Prescription Pricing Authority; Method of administering the drug; Method of identifying the parallel-imported version.