- Van Dyke to lead Nick's move from `campy' to `classic.' Fahey, Alison // Advertising Age;5/4/1992, Vol. 63 Issue 18, p46
The article discusses the decision of cable network Nick at Nite to enlist the services of actor Dick Van Dyke to position itself as the preserver of classic television. Van Dyke was appointed chairman of the network and he will advise on new program acquisitions. Van Dyke will also be involved...
- A Message From Steve Villano. Villano, Steve // Broadcasting & Cable;11/8/2004 Supplement, Vol. 134, p8
Comments on the cable and telecommunications national non-profit AIDS action organization Cable Positive, a beneficiary of the Broadcasting & Cable Hall of Fame dinner in 2004. Historical background of Cable Positive; Efforts of Cable Positive to fight against HIV/AIDS; Information on the...
- Ebay buhlt um stationÃ¤ren Handel. Ohs, Manuela // Lebensmittel Zeitung;3/22/2013, Issue 12, p4
The article discusses the efforts of American electronic commerce and online auction company Ebay to establish strategic alliances with partner companies in Germany. The author considers such topics as consumer perceptions of the Ebay brand, the role of Germany in the company's international...
- Lining up against Fannie Mae. Stone, Peter H. // National Journal;4/03/99, Vol. 31 Issue 14, p899
Reports on the efforts of the coalition of private mortgage insurance companies to enlist the services of lobbyists and lobbying firms to fight the inroads by Federal National Mortgage Association (Fannie Mae) into their business. Fannie Mae's efforts at strengthening its lobbying position.
- Business/Finance. // CableFAX Daily;1/31/2006, Vol. 17 Issue 20, p3
Reports that Time Warner Cable executive Carl Icahn has enlisted Frank Biondi, former president and CEO of cable firm Viacom, in his push to remove Dick Parsons and his board in January 2006. Executive position to be handled by Biondi at Time Warner.
- Power to the Viewer. Becker, Anne // Broadcasting & Cable;11/27/2006, Vol. 136 Issue 47, p18
The article discusses television networks' efforts to enlist viewers online to contribute promotional spots for their programs. The cable network Current devotes 30% of its programming to viewer-created content. In the author's opinion, networks have to let go and embrace the risk to their...
- Small Ops Should Migrate to IP - Today. // Multichannel News;11/14/2011, Vol. 32 Issue 43, p35
In this article the author enlists several benefits that small cable operators could attain by turning to Internet protocol television (IPTV).
- MCN'S MOST READ. // Multichannel News;11/14/2011, Vol. 32 Issue 43, p36
The article enlists, top articles on the website of the journal including one on Suddenlink, other on Comcast and yet another on small cable companies.
- CNO addresses senior enlisted. // All Hands;Sep97, Issue 966, p40
Highlights the CNO Senior Enlisted Leadership Forum of the US Navy. Positive remarks for US Navy enlisted leaders; Admiral Jay L. Johnson's praises for senior enlisted leaders for their service.
- Good move by unions. // Pensions & Investments;2/9/1998, Vol. 26 Issue 3, p10
Editorial. Discusses the American Federation of Labor and Congress of Industrial Organizations' (AFL-CIO) effort to enlist additional Taft-Hartley pension funds in corporate proxy voting activity. Why this action is considered to be positive; Concerns of participants and sponsors of...