- Why you should start teaching your kids about the basics of investing. Dolan, Ken; Dolan, Daria // Money;Apr95, Vol. 24 Issue 4, p43
Emphasizes the importance of teaching children about the basics of investing. Showing children how money grows in a savings account; Helping the child open his or her own savings account; Teaching children how stocks work; Giving the child hands-on investing experience.
- How to deliver the message. // U.S. News & World Report;10/17/88, Vol. 105 Issue 15, p74
Gives suggestions on how to teach children about investing. Publications; Games and projects; Government help; Investment camps.
- MONEY, POWER, RESPECT. // Black Enterprise;Jun2000, Vol. 30 Issue 11, p98
Discusses ways on how to teach children the basics of entrepreneurship and investing. How to teach children to budget their money; Significance of investing; Ways of exposing children to entrepreneurship. INSET: RESOURCES TO GIVE YOU A HEAD START.
- Money management for women: A hoax? Quint, Barbara Gilden // Glamour;Dec92, Vol. 90 Issue 12, p132
Discusses the growing number of investment programs geared toward women. Gives advice on choosing a money-management course or adviser.
- Don't shortchange your future. Orman, Suze // Self;Apr99, Vol. 21 Issue 4, p166
Recommends financial planning strategies for women. Emphasis on giving time to allow money investments to grow; Types of investment media recommended for financial planning.
- Transformative Dialogues Editorial. Gurm, Balbir Kaur; Macpherson, Alice // Transformative Dialogues: Teaching & Learning Journal;Mar2014, Vol. 7 Issue 1, p1
The authors reflect on the growing movement of scholarship of teaching and learning in understanding the process of learning and teaching and in giving worth on the works of the teachers. They cite the emergence of debates as the teaching community attempted to define the issue of scholarship of...
- Teaching Spatial Science Courses in Public Universities in Tanzania: Challenges and Opportunities. Mwita, Emiliana John // Journal of Geographic Information System;Dec2013, Vol. 5 Issue 6, p543
Spatial science courses that are Remote Sensing (RS) and Geographic Information System (GIS) are increasingly growing into extremely important disciplines that accommodate various applications in wider sectors of development. Effective teaching and learning of the courses, however, requires...
- Grandparents can give cash or stock. Israelov, Rhoda // Indianapolis Business Journal;06/14/99, Vol. 20 Issue 13, p51
Focuses on the value of stock investment planning. Pros and cons of giving stocks rather than money; Concepts in managing capital-gains tax; Process in acquiring tax exemptions; Importance of teaching children in investing stocks.
- Taking an interest in youths. Collins, Clayton // Christian Science Monitor;9/27/99, Vol. 91 Issue 211, p11
Focuses on the growing interest in investing in young people with donations to education and child-related causes by the rich in order to fulfill their desire to give back to the community.
- TEACHING TIPS. // Scholastic Math (Teacher's Edition);01/08/2001, Vol. 21 Issue 7, pT2
Gives several tips on teaching mathematics.