- Discovery crosses out topper Ford. Schneider, Michael // Daily Variety;12/21/2009, Vol. 305 Issue 54, p4
The article reports on the termination of John Ford as the head of Discovery Channel in the U.S. The company's president-chief executive officer (CEO) David Zaslav announces the restructure of its channels into new groupings as part of the Discovery Communications changes. It notes that the...
- A Process of Re-Discovery. Romano, Allison // Broadcasting & Cable;2/11/2008, Vol. 138 Issue 6, p24
The article discusses the significant role of John Ford, President of Discovery Channel, on reclaiming the spot of Discovery as the preeminent non-fiction cable channel in the U.S. According to Discovery Chief Executive Officer (CEO) David Zaslav, Ford understands brands and how to deliver great...
- The start of a new era at Ford. Crain, Keith // Automotive News Europe;11/19/2001, Vol. 6 Issue 23, p10
Comments on the appointment of Bill Ford as head of Ford Motor Company. Expected response of the company towards the appointment of Ford; Status of the company.
- Discovery opts for group plan. Hibberd, James // Hollywood Reporter;12/21/2009, Vol. 412 Issue 37, p3
The article reports that John Ford is stepping down as president and general manager (GM) of Discovery Channel as a part of the reorganization efforts of the company's suite of cable networks under different department heads. It reports that Discovery veteran Clark Bunting will take over...
- Ford Out in Discovery Reorg. Umstead, R. Thomas // Multichannel News;12/21/2009, Vol. 30 Issue 47, p36
The article reports on the reorganization of cable and television firm Discovery Channel in Silver Springs, Maryland. As part of the company's reorganization efforts, John Ford will resign as president and general manager of the company. Moreover, Discovery Channel and Science Channel will be...
- VET FORD A NEW DISCOVERY. Bloom, David // Daily Variety;8/27/2002, Vol. 276 Issue 60, p4
Announces Discovery Networks' naming of John Ford as president of new media.
- Ford Takes Root's Post at Discovery Channel. Lafayette, Jon // Television Week;12/3/2007, Vol. 26 Issue 44, p5
The article announces that John Ford will take over the position of Jane Root and will manage the "Military Channel" and "Discovery Times" at Discovery Communications.
- John Ford Lands at Nat Geo, McGowan Launching a Shop. Brady, Shirley // Cable World (10427228);7/21/2003, Vol. 15 Issue 29, p10
Reports on the resignation of two executives of Discovery Networks Inc., John Ford and Bill McGowan. Position of Ford at National Geographic Channel; Company to be launched by McGowan; Career background of Ford in Discovery Networks.
- Just another idio. Doyle, Patrick // Advocate;7/4/73, Issue 115, p39
Reviews the book 'The Red Headed Wipe Out,' by Christopher Ford.
- Review. // Campaign (UK);10/31/97, Issue 44, p5
Reports on the appointment of Tom Pallister as Ford GB's customer services division head.