PEOPLE & CALENDAR
- In the Company of Giants. Haley, Kathy // CED;Nov2003 Supplement, Vol. 29, p3B
Reports on the induction of a number of television industry executives as new members of the Cable Hall of Fame in Denver, Colorado. Background of the inductees; Details on the programs and activities; Contribution of the awardees to the vitality of the cable television industry.
- 'The men and women who control broadcasting believe that television is an idiot's lantern' Cox, David // New Statesman;12/9/2002, Vol. 131 Issue 4617, p27
Deals with the skepticism of television executives in Great Britain on the capacity of television broadcasting and programming to make sense of the news. Tasks society could require of the media; Evaluation of television networks and their television programs; Criticisms on broadcast...
- Networking. // Cable World (10427228);3/25/2002, Vol. 14 Issue 12, p42
Presents news on some cable television network executives in the U.S. as of March 25, 2002. Recipient of the Time Warner Cable 2001 High School Cranial Crunch championship trophy; Partnership between Lifetime Television and New York Women in Film and Television.
- BalvÃn dismissal called political charade, poorly timed. Dragomir, Marius // Prague Business Journal;12/2/2002, Vol. 7 Issue 46, p1
Reports on key issues relevant to the dismissal of Jiri Balvin, executive head of Czech Television. Control of the country's public broadcaster; Details about the dismissal; Implications for the broadcasting sector; Struggle between politicians and lobbyists.
- Ascent relaunches as all in one post house. // Televisual;Aug2008, p21
The article reports that Ascent Media's Ascent 142 facility incorporates One Post, St. Anne's and Stream into a single post house in Great Britain. The new facility provides an overall service aimed at feature film and broadcast clients. It allows the management of projects in one place with one...
- PEOPLE & CALENDAR. // Multichannel News;6/28/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 26, p24
Presents information on several appointed executives and a 2004 calendar of events in the U.S. television industry. Mark Kolibas of Agentsmith; Clark Pettit of Ascent Media Group; Idaho Cable Telecommunications Association annual meeting from July 6 to 8. INSETS: EVENTS;MAJOR SHOWS.
- New telenovela flush with sales. Newbery, Charles // Variety;9/3/2007, Vol. 408 Issue 3, p26
The article discusses presale deals for the television program "Lalola." The program is a telenovela telling the story of a womanizer who is changed into a woman. Silvana D'Angelo, head of international sales at Dori Media Distribution, predicts the program will appeal to young audiences. The...
- Germany: CATHERINE MUEHLE-MANN. Roxborough, Scott // Hollywood Reporter -- International Edition;12/1/2005 especial issue, Vol. 392 Issue 7, p150
The article profiles Catherine Muehlemann, general manager, MTV Central and Emerging Markets. The Swiss-born executive, who heads up Viacom's family of channels in German-speaking Europe, has taken on one 800-pound gorilla after another in her career--and she has beaten them all. First, it was...
- Trackside leads the field. // Onfilm;Jul2009, Vol. 26 Issue 7, p28
The article presents the remarks by executive producer Mandy Toogood of Trackside I Television about Trackside. Toogood relates that he only realised the enormity of the hours produced when he joined Trackside. She says that they broadcast live racing from Australia on a daily basis and racing...