- BigBand Cuts workforce by 10%. Spangler, Todd // Multichannel News;2/16/2009, Vol. 30 Issue 7, p24
The article reports on the 10% workforce cut done by BigBand Networks Inc. It states that the company laid off 46 employees even with increased net profit of $7.3 million. Amir Bassan-Eskenazi, Bigband president and chief executive officer said that they are still cautious on the macro-economic...
- Hoverspeed jobs threat. // Travel Weekly: The Choice of Travel Professionals;10/6/2003, Issue 1688, p5
Hoverspeed, the car ferry operator from Dover, England to Calais, France is considering axeing staff as part of business planning, aimed at improving the way it copes with the drop in business over winter as of October 2003. Hoverspeed said it is considering a number of proposals which include...
- Visteon lays off 80 workers. // Plastics News;2/9/2004, Vol. 15 Issue 49, p18
Dearborn, Michigan-based auto supplier Visteon Corp. laid off 80 salaried employees in late January 2004 to cut costs.
- FOR THE RECORD. // Multichannel News;8/9/2010, Vol. 31 Issue 31, p21
The article offers updates related to the cable television industry in the U.S. Sillicon Valley's Sezmi Select has brought Broadcast-Plus-VOD TV Service to 36 American markets. Interactivation has sold its video-on-demand (VOD) service Concert TV to Canadian firm Stingray Digital. Second quarter...
- Uncertainty over 950 Kwik Save jobs. Tindall, Christopher // Commercial Motor;3/2/2006, Vol. 203 Issue 5167, p6
The article deals with the uncertainty over 950 Kwik Save jobs. DHL Exel is negotiating with the new owners of Kwik Save to minimize job losses after 171 stores were sold off by its parent, Somerfield. It is thought that Somerfield lost millions of pounds at unprofitable Kwik Save outlets before...
- ECONOMIC RISK: Economic Woes Spreading. // Asia Monitor: South East Asia Monitor Volume 1;Apr2009, Vol. 20 Issue 4, p6
The article reports on the continuing layoffs of factory workers in Cambodia as of the year 2009. It says that landlords are reporting heavy business losses in rental income as a result of departing factory workers. In addition to the 27, garment workers who were already laid off in 2008, it...
- United posts $2.73-billion loss. // Crain's Chicago Business;7/28/2008, Vol. 31 Issue 30, p12
The article reports that United Airlines Inc. has reported a $2.73-billion second-quarter loss and said it would cut 7,000 jobs from its companywide workforce of 55,000 by year end 2009, more than twice the level previously disclosed. About 5,500 will be front-line workers and come in addition...
- More jobs go as Telewest fights for life. // Utility Week;9/13/2002, Vol. 18 Issue 11, p8
Reports on the layoff plans of cable operator Telewest as of September 2002. Purpose of the move; Reason for the formation of the Telewest Action Group by Telewest shareholders; Amount of debt Telewest executives plan to restructure; Loss posted by the company for the first quarter of 2002.
- Bernstein plunges into red. // Cabinet Maker;06/28/2002, Issue 5293, p2
Deals with the sales drop posted by Bernstein for the year that ended October 26, 2001. Amount of loss posted by the firm; Factor attributed to the loss; Decline in its number of employees.