Hulu Pulls Back Curtain, Privately
- With Comcast-NBCU Closed, Staffers Brace for Change. Lafayette, Jon // Broadcasting & Cable;1/31/2011, Vol. 141 Issue 5, p4
The article reports that the 30-million-dollar joint venture deal of Comcast Corp. and NBC Universal Inc. (NBCU) is expected to close on January 28, 2011 in which NBCU employees need to cope with the possible changes resulting from the said merger in the U.S.
- FCC: Comcast To 'Unbundle' Broadband. Eggerton, John // Multichannel News;1/17/2011, Vol. 32 Issue 3, p3
The article reports that Comcast Corp. will be pushed to unbundle and offer standalone broadband service at competitory prices until 2014 before the final approval of its proposed content joint venture with NBC Universal Inc.
- Deal Done, Comcast Chases Synergies. Farrell, Mike // Multichannel News;3/7/2011, Vol. 32 Issue 10, p3
The article reports on the statement of Brian Roberts, chairman and chief executive officer (CEO) of the U.S.-based cable company Comcast Corp, that the company was not idle while waiting for regulatory approval for its joint venture with NBC Universal Inc. in 2010.
- Pols urged to oppose merger. Johnson, Ted // Daily Variety;8/5/2010, Vol. 308 Issue 23, p4
The article reports on the call of the Coalition for Competition in Media, a coalition of public interest groups and private organizations, for state attorneys general to oppose the proposed joint venture between Comcast and NBC Universal.
- Deal in Hand? Bachman, Katy // Brandweek;1/17/2011, Vol. 52 Issue 2, p17
The article reports on the regulatory approval of the joint venture of Comcast with NBC Universal by the U.S. Federal Communication Commission (FCC) and the U.S. Department of Justice.
- John Malone Heaps Praise on Roberts. FARRELL, MIKE // Multichannel News;9/20/2010, Vol. 31 Issue 35, p25
The article reports on the joint venture deal between Comcast Corp. and NBC Universal Inc. in the U.S.
- POST-MERGER: WHAT TO WATCH FOR. Spangler, Todd; Farrell, Mike; Eggerton, John; Umstead, R. Thomas // Multichannel News;1/24/2011, Vol. 32 Issue 4, p7
The article reports on the expected outcomes of the cable industry for the joint venture between Comcast Corp. and NBC Universal Inc. (NBCU) which includes the slow acceleration of (television) TV content on the web according to analyst, a success for cable on the retransmission-content...
- No Laughs: Franken, Roberts Square Off. Eggerton, John // Multichannel News;3/22/2010, Vol. 31 Issue 12, p2
The article focuses on the issue regarding the proposed joint venture between Comcast Corp. and NBC Universal Inc. in which the members of the U.S. Senate Judiciary Committee invited the companies' chief executive officers Brian Robert and Jeff Zucker for questioning in relation to their promise...
- NBCU Chose 'Navy' as a Merger Symbol Because... (Read On). Eggerton, John; Reynolds, Mike // Multichannel News;12/13/2010, Vol. 31 Issue 46, p4
The article reports on the use by NBC Universal Inc. (NBCU) of the term Navy as the internal code name for the proposed joint venture of Comcast Corp. and NBCU because it fits the slogan "More Colorful."