'Take a Vet to School' Program's a Hit
- FREEBIES. // New York Teacher;5/20/2010, Vol. 51 Issue 16, p16
The article offers news briefs related to business, which include the effort of a Massachusetts-based company to accept applications for the TestWiz Grant which will be given by dataMetrics to two districts, the free DVD offering made by the History Channel to every school in the U.S. of its...
- History's education reach extends into classrooms. Kim, Eddie // Variety;9/10/2012, Vol. 428 Issue 5, p29
The article considers the involvement in education of the cable television company Arts & Entertainment Network (A + E Networks) and the use of the company's television programs in schools, focusing on its subsidiary History Channel.
- History's education reach extends into classrooms. Kim, Eddie // Daily Variety;9/10/2012, Vol. 316 Issue 49, p23
The article focuses on corporate outreach effort of Arts &Entertainment Network and History Channel, in which the companie are sending emails classrooms on the events and the Idea Book for Educators magazine that features tools for teachers.
- (COMMUNITIES) History Channel. // Children & Youth Funding Report;10/16/2009, p19
The article presents information on History Channel Save Our History (SOH) National Grant Program. The grants are aimed to encourage educators and historical organizations to join forces to educate students on the history of their local communities. The deadline to submit application for the...
- WHERE TO FIND IT. // American Teacher;Sep/Oct2012, Vol. 97 Issue 1, p24
The article provides information on several websites which offer teaching resources for educators. It includes the History Channel website wherein the history of the Labor Day holiday is discussed, the Google Art Project whose education section offers resource with various activities that...
- On the Web. // NEA Today;Nov2006, Vol. 25 Issue 3, p61
The article recommends several electronic information resources related to education. The History Channel has developed a new series of lesson plans for educators in the elementary, middle, and high school levels. An AOL web site features a search engine for homework help in various subjects....
- Welding Highlighted in Modern Marvels TV Episode. // Welding Journal;May2007, Vol. 86 Issue 5, p8
The article reports that the History Channel television series "Modern Marvels" will air the episode "Modern Marvels: Welding" on May 9, 2007. The episode covers the history and science of welding and methods of welding. The production of the episode was done with help from the American Welding...
- Minnesota Machinists to appear on History Channel. // Southern Illinois Labor Tribune;11/4/2010, Vol. 74 Issue 14, p24
The article reports that the Minnesota machinists and members of the Local 1030 District 66 will appear in an episode of "Modern Marvels" at the History Channel.
- 10 Days That Unexpectedly Changed America. // School Library Journal;Apr2009 Curriculum Connection, Vol. 55, p43
A review of the DVD release "10 Days That Unexpectedly Changed America," produced by the History Channel is presented.