IFC Casts Broader Net
- IFC Stokes Originals Slate. Hibberd, James // Television Week;3/6/2006, Vol. 25 Issue 10, p1
The article reports that television network IFC has ordered anime series, documentary television programs, as of March 6, 2006. The channel has also ordered 26 episodes of an anime series, Samurai 7, which will be the first of what could be several new anime shows for the network. The channel's...
- Lifetime Diginet Bows with Docu-Style Look. Hogan, Monica // Multichannel News;7/23/2001, Vol. 22 Issue 30, p48
Reports on Lifetime Television's launching of Lifetime Real Women documentary television program. On-air spots featuring women's tales as told to documentary producers Optic Nerve; Stories collected by Optic Nerve.
- 'History' Won't Make Any. Richmond, Ray // Hollywood Reporter -- International Edition;8/7/2001, Vol. 369 Issue 23, p14
Features the weekly documentary cable television program of History Channel billed as 'History vs. Hollywood.' Concept of the TV show; Future episodes of the show.
- Classic documentaries. // Broadcasting & Cable;10/13/97, Vol. 127 Issue 42, p18
Reports on Classic Sports Network's plan to debut the four-part original documentary series `Classic Sports in America,' in January 1998.
- TV's Cliffs Notes report on trash. Gerlat, Allan // Waste News;05/17/99, Vol. 5 Issue 1, p9
Comments on the one-hour documentary program on garbage aired by the History Channel in the United States. Topics of discussion; Disadvantages of showing issues on waste management in limited time slots; Concern that recycling might present itself as money-making venture; Show improvements.
- Court TV Chases a 1.0. Larson, Megan // MediaWeek;03/12/2001, Vol. 11 Issue 11, p11
Reports on the goal of Court TV cable television network chairman and chief executive officer Henry Schleiff for its programming. Programming budget of Court TV; Documentary series to be unveiled by Schleiff; Average rating of the network.
- ITV to tie up with NatMags in 'Blind Date' for farmers. Brech, Poppy // Marketing (00253650);3/8/2001, p3
Reports that ITV has teamed up with The National Magazine Co. to develop a documentary series based on 'Country Living's Farmer Wants a Wife' campaign.
- Artisan, Showtime to pitch 'Witch' with doc. Dempsey, John // Daily Variety;07/06/2000, Vol. 268 Issue 22, p1
Reports that Artisan Entertainment has produced `The Burkittsville 7,' a half-hour mock documentary that highlights a joint marketing campaign wth cable TV network Showtime. Goal of the documentary; Theatrical premiere of the `Book of Shadows: Blair Witch 2'; Artisan's other documentary to...
- Science Nets' Ratings Quest. Hibberd, James // Television Week;4/17/2006, Vol. 25 Issue 16, p14
The article compares the performance of National Geographic Channel with that of Discovery Network from 2004 to 2006. It identifies several documentary television programs of National Geographic. It mentions the intention of Discovery to seek more traditional documentary programming. It also...