Building Better Streaming
- Keeping the balance: digital television in Denmark. Svendsen, Erik Nordahl // International Journal of Digital Television;2010, Vol. 1 Issue 2, p239
Denmark started DTT (digital terrestrial television) with public service stations in 2006. After a thorough information campaign, analogue TV was switched off on 1 November 2009. The policy goals for DTT are to keep a balance between public and private channels; therefore new public channels...
- Comcast/NBCU Timeline. J. E. // Broadcasting & Cable;12/13/2010, Vol. 140 Issue 36, p14
The article focuses on the issues related to online programming access condition and arbitration process for online distribution of Comcast Television and NBC Universal TV in the U.S.
- TV Everywhere Complexities Remain Daunting. Baumgartner, Jeff // Broadcasting & Cable;5/27/2013, Vol. 143 Issue 21, p15
The article reports on the systems of the TV Everywhere continues to become more complex as its contents is targeting to more devices and is required to handle the growing number of video and metadata formats.
- U.S. TV buyers busy. // Daily Variety;6/21/2012, Vol. 315 Issue 57, p16
The article reports on the acquisition of television (TV) distribution rights of several TV companies in the U.S., including Somos TV, Home Box Office Inc. (HBO), and Film Factory Entertainment.
- U.S. SALES PUMP U.K.'S INDIE TV SECTOR. Clarke, Steve // Daily Variety;5/1/2007, Vol. 295 Issue 21, p6
The article reports on the strong growth of international sales for the independent television sector in Great Britain. According to the result of a census undertaken by some companies, the sector has generated revenue of $3.76 billion for 2006, which is 9.8 percent higher than the previous...
- ANGLIA TELEVISION LTD. // BKSTS Journal;Aug1984, Vol. 66 Issue 8, p359
The article focuses on the activities of Anglia Television Ltd., a sponsor member of the British Kinematograph, Sound & Television Society. Anglia Television is the leading regional companies in Independent Television in Norwich, England. It has established a network of regional news centers...
- The Future of TV. Greenberg, Bob // Brandweek;5/3/2010, Vol. 51 Issue 18, p37
In this article the author presents his views on the future of television (TV). He states that in the future more content will be available to consumers and will be produced, distributed and monetized much differently than the traditional way. Also discussed is the trend amongst TV audiences to...
- Closure of 405-line TV network 625-line services extended. // BKSTS Journal;Jul1980, Vol. 62 Issue 7, p356
The article reports on the closure of the 405-line very high frequency television services of the British Broadcasting Corp. (BBC). The 625-line ultra high frequency services which transmit BBC-1, BBC-2 and independent television in color will in due course transmit the fourth channel service....
- Your Toolkit: Start With What You Know. HOLBEN, JAY // TV Technology;Sep2015, Vol. 33 Issue 16, p38
No abstract available.