Spanish Upstarts Gain Market Momentum
- ABC HOPES FOR REPEAT. Schneider, Michael // Daily Variety;7/27/2005, Vol. 288 Issue 17, p3
Reports on the plan of ABC to build on its previous marketing strategy in Los Angeles, California. Emphasis of Steve McPherson, entertainment president, on the network's focus on the future; Identification of television programs that will be on the top list in the network; Decision of the...
- Pet promo generates $40,000 database. JC // Broadcasting & Cable;11/1/93, Vol. 123 Issue 44, p39
Reports on a television marketing strategy of creating a database of viewers and their consumer habits. KTEN(TV)'s use of the marketing strategy; Top profit centers; Benefits of the strategy.
- Stung TVNZ may start up own distrib. Drinnan, John // Daily Variety;8/23/2004, Vol. 284 Issue 35, p4
Reports on the plan of TVNZ to revive its own distribution company in Auckland, New Zealand. Rejection of the catalog of the television station by distribution companies; Aim of the station to play a role in marketing to other countries; Decision of the station to continue making direct sales.
- A Daunting DMA. // Broadcasting & Cable;10/20/2003, Vol. 133 Issue 42, p25
Provides information on the Charleston-Huntington market in West Virginia. States covered by the market; Stories covered by Charleston television stations in the area; Diversification undergone by the economy of West Virginia.
- Shedding the 'old generation' reputation. Osaki, Tad // Variety;10/6/2003, Vol. 392 Issue 8, pB2
Reports on the revitalization and diversification of Nippon Television Network in Japan. Features of the building of the company; Development of the company's multimedia strategy; Statement issued by COO Toshio Hagiwara on the company.
- What Next? ^Byrne, Stephen // Metro;Dec2009, Issue 163, p98
The article focuses on how free-to-air (FTA) television (TV) networks remain relevant as TV audiences decline and revenues from traditional advertising continue to erode in Australia. FTA network broadcasters need to move to new business models, embrace commercial brand opportunities and adopt...
- One more season. Frank, Reuven // New Leader;7/12/93, Vol. 76 Issue 9, p19
Analyzes the strategy employed by television networks to get high show ratings. Nielsen ratings for American television stations; Common themes which garner high ratings; Renewed confidence in the stability of the network industry.
- A change of audience crucial to Channel 9's comeback. White, Amy // Media: Asia's Media & Marketing Newspaper;2/11/2005, p17
The article focuses on the shutdown of the channel 9 in Malaysia.. Channel 9 has shut down after just 16 months on air. The channel's problems were obvious especially when compared to a rival start-up. Where Channel 9 could only scoop four per cent of the national television spend, 8TV which...
- TV's crisis of complacency. Brech, Poppy // Marketing (00253650);10/4/2001, p26
Focuses on the decline of television advertising revenues in Great Britain and the efforts of broadcasters to boost sales. Financial situation of broadcasting companies; Stock value; Marketing efforts; Prospects for recovery.