Harron Adds Subscribers In New Region
- Harron's Halfway There. Farrell, Mike // Multichannel News;5/1/2006, Vol. 27 Issue 18, p49
Reports on a deal of Harron Communications LP to acquire Eastern Connecticut Cable Television through its subsidiary Metrocast Communications in the U.S. in 2006. Number of subscribers to be added at Harron as a result of the acquisition; Growth of the cable television operation of Harron over...
- HBO--and nothing but. Chunovic, Louis // Electronic Media;7/23/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 30, p8
Reports the announcement of Jeff Bewkes, chief executive officer of HBO, on the unbundled payment of cable television service in the United States. Views of Bewkes on the customer demand of prices for services from HBO; Success of the South Carolina test on HBO subscription video on demand;...
- Western Show: No big deal(s). Romano, Allison; Higgins, John M. // Broadcasting & Cable;12/3/2001, Vol. 131 Issue 50, p8
Focuses the decrease in the number of participants to the Western Cable Show in Anaheim, California. Impact of recession to the shortage of indicators of the annual convention; Attendance of three chief executive officers of cable networks; Issue of accommodation among participant-level...
- Knapp nudges U.K. cable to unity with CWC pact. Boehm, Erich // Variety;07/26/99, Vol. 375 Issue 10, p23
Claims that Barclay Knapp, chief executive of NTL is the most likely figure to unify Great Britain's cable industry. Role of Knapp in the acquisition of Cable & Wireless Communications by NTL; Cable franchises bought from British Telecom; Views of network executives on Knapp; Information on...
- Who wants to be the new Mr ITV? Brech, Poppy // Marketing (00253650);3/30/2000, p17
Focuses on Great Britain-based ITV's search for a chief executive officer. Candidates considered for the position; Problems that should be addressed immediately by the executive to be hired.
- HBO's Albrecht in vanguard of programmers. Griffiths, John // Daily Variety;6/6/2003, Vol. 279 Issue 43, pA4
Features Home Box Office cable television network's chief executive officer Chris Albrecht. Job responsibilities; Business strategies; Personal information. INSET: VANGUARD AWARD WINNERS.
- NEW CABLER TAPS RODGERS PREXY-CEO. Berkshire, Geoffrey // Daily Variety;3/26/2003, Vol. 278 Issue 58, p16
Reports on the selection of Johnathan Rodgers as chief executive officer of a cable television network in Los Angeles, California. Target audience of the station; Integration of programming from the entertainment genres; Career history of Rodgers.
- Petrick Found a Network To Suit His Style. Albiniak, Paige // Broadcasting & Cable;2/17/2003, Vol. 133 Issue 7, p25
Profiles John Edward Petrick, president and chief executive officer of the U.S. cable television network WB. His professional background; Reasons behind his resignation from various cable network companies; Duties performed by Petrick at WB.
- ITV to target FTSE 100 bosses in hunt for CEO. Brech, Poppy // Marketing (00253650);11/23/2000, p1
Reports on changes in the job description of chief executives of the ITV cable television network. Company's targeting of the chief executives of the FTSE 100 companies.