Verizon Targets 150 HD Nets
- Where's the HDTV? Dickson, Glen; Albiniak, Paige // Broadcasting & Cable;10/12/98, Vol. 128 Issue 42, p10
Offers information on high-definition television (HDTV) programming of several television networks in the United States. Television programs under HDTV programming; Comments from network executives. INSETS: Getting set(s) for HDTV;DTV's first wave.
- HDTV Update. Antonoff, Michael; Fenton, Brian C.; Griffin, Al // Sound & Vision;Oct2002, Vol. 67 Issue 8, p17
Presents updates on high-definition television (HDTV) in 2002. Television programs offered by television networks through HDTV; Components of the Cinetransformer trailer; Subscriber fees for Discovery Network's Discovery HD Theater channel.
- HDTV makes gains. Kerschbaumer, Ken // Broadcasting & Cable;8/26/2002, Vol. 132 Issue 35, p29
Features the high definition television programming of Tribune Broadcasting and The WB network in the U.S. Transmission of programs by both companies; Composition of the program 'Family Affair'; Expansion of the HDTV coverage of CBS network; Coverage of the U.S. Open tennis tournament.
- HDNet Owner Spreads The High-Def Wealth. Tarr, Greg // TWICE: This Week in Consumer Electronics;1/8/2002, Vol. 17 Issue 1, p46
Reports the introduction of the high definition Net (HDNet) in Dallas, Texas. Offering of the HD television programming channel by Internet pioneer Mark Cubans; Features of HDNet; Advantages of HDNet.
- VERIZON ADDS TWO NEW HD CHANNELS TO FIOS LINEUP. // Telephone IP News;Aug2010, Vol. 21 Issue 8, p2
The article reports on the decision of Verizon to launch Nat Geo WILD HD and Investigation Discovery HD in 2010. The move allows FiOS TV customers to see two new high-definition channels, which join the extensive channel lineup of FiOS TV that includes up to 142 HD channels. Terry Denson of...
- CABLEVISION ADDS HD VOD FROM STARZ. Tribbey, Chris // Home Media Magazine;5/25/2009, Vol. 31 Issue 21, p15
The article reports on the addition of a high-definition video on demand (VOD) content from Starz Entertainment's Starz on Demand and Encore on Demand by northeast cable operator Cablevision Systems in the U.S. Among the series included in the content are "Crash," "Head Case" and "Party Down,"...
- Media: Live Issue - Arch-rivals squaring up for head-on challenge. Yin, Sara // Media: Asia's Media & Marketing Newspaper;6/29/2007, p111
The article reports on challenges put forward by the reality TV networks Discovery Channel and National Geographic Channel (NGC). In 2006, same set of invitees were sent invitations by both the networks for their annual media events. In 2007, Discovery introduced television program host Bobby...
- The HD Bar Drops Into the VOD Jar. // Cable World (10427228);6/30/2003, Vol. 15 Issue 26, p36
Reports on N2 Broadband's MediaPath platform which is able to deliver high definition programming in an on-demand cable environment. Architecture of MediaPath; Deal with In Demand; Background on Cablevision's plan for high definition video-on-demand.
- Group makes VOD icon recommendations. // CED;Feb2005, Vol. 31 Issue 2, p12
Reports on the issuance of a list of recommended user interface (UI) symbols for video-on-demand (VOD) and other advanced services by the CTAM On Demand Consortium. Design of the recommendation to push consistency in next-generation program guides across the cable industry; Examples of...