A&E Puts 'Dog' to Sleep
- BOUNTY HUNTER SERIES COLLARS VIEWERS' HEARTS. Sandler, Adam // Television Week;10/25/2004, Vol. 23 Issue 43, p20
Focuses on the success of the documentary television program "Dog the Bounty Hunter," aired on A&E cable network. Information on the show's concept; Audience share during its premiere episode; Description of the main character, Duane Chapman.
- TV Bounty Hunter's Show On Hiatus After Use Of Racial Slur. // Jet;11/19/2007, Vol. 112 Issue 20, p54
The article reports on the suspension of the TV program "Dog the Bounty Hunter" following the publication of a private phone conversation between bounty hunter Duane "Dog" Chapman and his son in which Chapman uses a racial slur. Information relating to the call, which was posted online by the...
- A&E leashes Dog' after tirade. Depmsey, John // Daily Variety;11/2/2007, Vol. 297 Issue 25, p5
The article reports that the production of "Dog the Bounty Hunter" has been suspended by Arts & Entertainment Network (A&E) pending an investigation into actor Duane Chapman's racist tirade in New York. A&E said that they are taking the matter very seriously and that it will take appropriate...
- DOG THE BOUNTY HUNTER. Reynolds, Mike // Multichannel News;5/16/2005, Vol. 26 Issue 20, p22
Reviews the reality TV series "Dog the Bounty Hunter," starring Duane Chapman.
- A&E Halts Production on 'Dog'. Lafayette, Jon // Television Week;11/5/2007, Vol. 26 Issue 41, p3
The article reports on the decision of A&E to suspend the production of the television program "Dog the Bounty Hunter" after an audiotape came out involving star Duane Chapman using racial epithets. According to a story published by "The National Enquirer," Chapman used racial insults in a...
- Duane "Dog" Chapman. Hamilton, Kendall // Esquire;Jan2009, Vol. 151 Issue 1, p104
An interview with bounty hunter Duane "Dog" Chapman, featured in the reality television show "Dog the Bounty Hunter," is presented in which he discusses the lessons he learned as a vacuum cleaner salesman, what it was like being in prison, and how difficult it was losing his drug-addicted...
- In my viewâ€¦. // Televisual;Dec2007, p74
The article discusses the author's love for tribal television, antique fabrics and mind-boggling attraction of "Dog the Bounty Haunter." He notes that he has been impressed by the television program "Meet the Natives." He then discloses that his great idea for a television show is currently in...
- A&E Hopes 'Dog' Hunts Youth Demo. Lafayette, Jon // Television Week;8/30/2004, Vol. 23 Issue 35, p3
Focuses on the efforts of A&E to change its strategies in television programming through its launch of reality television programs. Information on several programs launched by the company; Target audience of the network; Overview of the television reality series "Dog the Bounty Hunter."
- In the doghouse. // Time;11/19/2007, Vol. 170 Issue 21, p26
The article reports that the Arts & Entertainment cable channel stopped production of its program "Dog the Bounty Hunter" before the star, Duane Chapman, apologized for using inappropriate language in a private conversation with his son.