Nick Offers Local VOD Extras
- IN BRIEF. // Multichannel News;3/22/2010, Vol. 31 Issue 12, p40
The article offers news briefs related to cable operators which include the launch of the DOCSIS 3.0 service of Time Warner Cable Inc. on March 16, 2010 in parts of North Texas and Buffalo and Syracuse, New York and the expectation of Charter Communications Inc. to distribute support for the...
- Scrutiny slows Charter-TWC OK. Investor's Business Daily // Investors Business Daily;11/25/2015, pA02
The article reports on the scrutiny concerning the acquisition of cable telecommunications companies Time Warner Cable Inc. by Charter Communications Inc. in May 2014, from the California State regulators.
- SVOD Proves Itself as a Churn Buster. Stump, Matt // Multichannel News;3/8/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 10, p60
Focuses on the growing subscription video-on-demand (SVOD) business in the U.S. cable television industry. Impact of SVOD on digital churn and premium sell-in; Number of SVOD services launched by Insight Communications Co.; Type of pricing model adopted by Time Warner Cable Inc. and Charter...
- VOD is Here, and Kids 'Get It' Rose, Bob // Multichannel News;12/9/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 49, p75
Reports on the launch of a video-on-demand service in New York City, New York by Time Warner Cable Co. Features of the service; Functionality of the service; Options that can be exercised by viewers in choosing the video title.
- StartOver. // CableFAX Daily;11/4/2005, Vol. 16 Issue 215, p2
The article reports that the Real-Time Catchers on-demand technology of Concurrent is the factor behind the initial StartOver deployment of Time Warner Cable in Columbia, South Carolina. The technology ingest programs and can play within ten seconds. Time Warner has five catchers in the city,...
- SVOD Customers Light Up Quarter for Time Warner. Scanlon, Mavis // Cable World (10427228);4/28/2003, Vol. 15 Issue 17, p9
Reports on the contribution of subscription video-on-demand customers to the earnings of cable operator Time Warner Cable (TWC) for the first quarter of 2003. Reactions of TWC executives to the posted earnings; Information on the SVOD services of other cable operators.
- IF THEY CAN MAKE IT THERE. Grossman, Andy // Multichannel News;6/25/2001, Vol. 22 Issue 26, p1
Reports the testing of the Industry Standard Architecture (ISA), a program developed by Time Warner Cable in New York, New York. Role of ISA on the company's advanced digital services; Introduction of hardware and software devices for two-way applications; Preparation made for the launching of...
- VH1 pays the 'Cost' for telepic. Bernstein, Paula // Daily Variety;05/03/2000, Vol. 267 Issue 43, p3
Reports on VH1's plan to begin production on the telefilm `At Any Cost.' Charles Winkler's appointment as the film's director; Other cast members.
- WEATHERING A FIRESTORM. Neel, K.C. // Multichannel News;2/18/2008, Vol. 29 Issue 7, p13
The article reports on fire-disaster aid provided by cable television providers Charter Communications, Cox Communications and Time Warner Cable for victims of the forest fire in Southern California. The cable companies began replacing cables and fiber damaged by the fire to resume service to...