STRONG Q3 DRIVES DISCOVERY
- Discovery thrives amid 'headwinds'. Szalai, Georg // Hollywood Reporter;5/5/2009, Vol. 409 Issue 33, p7
The article presents information on the financial performance of Discovery Communications LLC. Discovery posted better-than-expected first-quarter financials as it grew advertising revenue despite the recession. Discovery's first-quarter profit multiplied to $119 million, compared with $34...
- Earnings. // CableFAX Daily;3/24/2006, Vol. 17 Issue 57, p3
Reports that the revenue of Discovery Networks Inc. increased in the fourth quarter of fiscal year 2005. Revenue posted for the period; Percentage of increase from the third-quarter earnings; Percentage of increase from a year ago.
- Nokia Reports Strong Second Quarter. // CircuiTree;Oct2007, Vol. 20 Issue 10, p55
The article reports on the financial performance of Nokia for the second quarter of fiscal year 2007. A diluted EPS of â‚¬0.32, excluding special items, grew by 39% year-over-year. Device volumes increased by 11% sequentially and 29% year-over-year to 100.8 million units while operating cash...
- CASH FLOW: Sap or Sap? Baynton, Dick // Wood Digest;Nov2006, Vol. 37 Issue 11, p18
The article talks about the companies' management of cash flows. The author has emphasized that if a company's cash flow is delayed and inadequate, it may be hindering its growth. He has stressed that most of the companies review their profit and loss statements each month to consider the...
- Profitable Q2 for Discovery; U.S. ads up. Szalai, Georg // Hollywood Reporter;8/5/2009, Vol. 410 Issue 47, p9
The article reports that Discovery Communications LLC has posted a profit of 183 million dollars for the second-quarter of 2009, including a 46 million dollars tax gain from the partial sale of Discovery Kids, compared with 43 million dollars during the year-ago period. It informs that...
- Discovery Gains In Cash Flow, Revenue. // Multichannel News;8/14/2006, Vol. 27 Issue 32, p42
The article reports on the revenue and operating cash-flow growth of Discovery Communications Inc. for the second quarter of 2006 based on its U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission filing. The increase in distribution revenue and advertising revenue contributed to the growth. The distribution...
- SWEET LIBERTY REVS. Goldsmith, Jill // Daily Variety;8/10/2004, Vol. 284 Issue 26, p5
Reports that Liberty Media Corp. has narrowed losses and hiked revenue in the U.S. Performance of the company at Discovery Communications Inc.; Percentage of increase in cash flow; Sales performance of QVC Inc.
- MV Kelly profit down to Â£490k. // Contract Journal;12/17/2008, Vol. 446 Issue 6705, p5
The article reports on the financial performance of Birmingham, England-based MV Kelly Ltd. which cover the 12 months to May 31, 2008. The company's pre-tax profit is down by Â£490,000 million. It started the period with net funds of Â£1.2 million but ended with net debt of 2.2 million. Its...
- Sharp Rise in Sales. // Coal International;Jul/Aug2004, Vol. 252 Issue 4, p130
Reports on the profit result of SSAB for the first half of 2004. Cash flow increase; Demand for steel in Europe; Main explanation for the increase in profit; Strategic goals of SSAB.