DID MARTIN FLUNK 70%TEST?
- FCC's Martin Still 'Quiet' on Vote. Hearns, Ted // Multichannel News;10/6/2008, Vol. 29 Issue 39, p18
The article reports on the refusal of Kevin Martin, chairman of the Federal Communications Commission (FCC) regarding the cable industry's retransmission-consent quiet period in the U.S. According to the article, despite his silence, his officemate stated that he will be favorable for a longer...
- Martin Pushes 'Carte' on Hill. Hearn, Ted // Multichannel News;4/23/2007, Vol. 28 Issue 17, p8
The article reports that U.S. Federal Communications Commission (FCC) chairman Kevin Martin is expected to support legislation forcing cable operators to allow consumers to purchase programming both on an a la carte basis and in packages consisting of just a few channels. In a House testimony,...
- Reps Challenge Martin's Take on Digital Must-Carry. Shields, Todd // MediaWeek;6/12/2006, Vol. 16 Issue 24, p4
The article reports on the warning given by several lawmakers to U.S. Federal Communications Commission Chairman Kevin Martin not to grant broadcasters space on cable systems for more than one digital TV channel. The lawmakers said consumer demand should decide what gets carried on cable systems...
- Schmooze. // Broadcasting & Cable;11/1/2010, Vol. 140 Issue 41, p14
Photographs of the several participants in the Broadcasting and Cable Hall of Fame event including Paul Karpowicz, Melissa Grego, and David Zaslav are presented.
- Stickiest Shows. // Multichannel News;5/5/2014, Vol. 35 Issue 18, p28
A table ranking basic-cable shows telecast from April 14-20, 2014 according to the Rentrak Stickiness Index rating which measures social engagement is presented.
- TALKBACK. // Multichannel News;5/5/2014, Vol. 35 Issue 18, p30
The article presents readers' responses to articles in the April 30, 2014 issue including "Cable Show: MSOs Prepared to Enter Gigabit Era" and "Cable Show: Cox to Offer 1-Gig to All".
- CALENDAR. // Multichannel News;1/11/2016, Vol. 37 Issue 2, p20
A calendar of events related to cable television industry from February 1-April 6, 2016, is presented, which includes Louisiana Cable Telecommunications Association's show, the Southwest Cable Communications Association's Annual Meeting and the Television and Video Marketers Conference.
- Ratings:. // CableFAX Daily;9/27/2006, Vol. 17 Issue 187, p2
The article reports on the household ratings of cable television networks in the U.S. for the third quarter of 2006. There is an increase in the ratings of Disney for the third quarter of 2006 compared to the third quarter of 2005. Networks with the highest ratings include Disney, USA, TNT and ESPN.
- Digital transition: Oy vey! T. L. P. // CED;Dec2008, Vol. 34 Issue 12, p18
The article reports on the establishment of digital transition which was supported by Kevin Martin, chairman of the U.S. Federal Communications Commission. It notes that the transition will start on December 31, 2008 after the expiration date for thousands of current broadcast carriage deals. It...