'Ferb' Goes Global at Premiere
- Cartoon makes a run for it. McConville, Jim // Electronic Media;03/06/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 10, p3
Focuses on plans for the original animated programming of Cartoon Network. Launch of `Sheep in the Big City,' a prime-time animated series and `Centipede,' a computer generated action-adventure series; Purpose for the launching of animated series; Viewership rating of the company in 1999; Debut...
- TNN GETS IN TOON WITH ADULT AUDS. Dempsey, John // Daily Variety;4/17/2002, Vol. 275 Issue 34, p19
Reports on the inclination of the The National Network toward adult-oriented animation. Order placed on 'Gary the Rat' featuring the voice of actor Kelsey Grammer; Purchase of reruns of 'The Ren & Stimpy Show' by The National Network; Titles of animated series in development for the primetime...
- Cartoon Network adding 10 series. Levin, Gary // Variety;12/01/97, Vol. 369 Issue 4, p43
Reports on the Cartoon Network's addition of two new animated series and eight more from the Warner Brothers library as it steps up a challenge for children's video viewers. Debut of `Ed, Edd'n Eddy' and `The Powerpuff Girls' in fall 1998; Deal with John Kricfalusi to produce a half-hour...
- 'Butt Ugly' jumps from syndie to Nickelodeon. Pursell, Chris // Electronic Media;9/3/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 36, p3
Reports the transfer of cartoon series 'Butt Ugly Martians' from syndicated series to cable television Nickelodeon in the United States. Target audience of the series; Description of the story; Comparison of the series to several identified cartoon flicks.
- MTV Adds Two Animated Shows. Umstead, R. Thomas // Multichannel News;5/21/2001, Vol. 22 Issue 21, p24
Introduces animated shows at the Music Television. Cost in making the show; Development of animated projects; Theme of the animated shows.
- Nick renews 'Fairly,' 'Dora' Bernstein, Paola // Daily Variety;11/8/2001, Vol. 273 Issue 49, p5
Reports the renewal of the animated series 'The Fairly OddParents' and 'Dora the Explorer' by Nickelodeon Network.
- Cartoon Net sings for `Looney Tunes'. Moss, Linda // Multichannel News;03/06/2000, Vol. 21 Issue 10, p28
Reports the addition of primetime animated series to the television programming of the Cartoon Network in the United States. Debut of four original half-hour shows; Context of a 52-hour marathon stunt and a viewer voting event `Voice Your Choice'; Exclusive feature of the Looney Tunes library;...
- Japan will soon `toon in.' // Christian Science Monitor;6/12/97, Vol. 89 Issue 138, p12
Presents information on Cartoon Network Japan, Japan's first 24-hour cartoon channel. When airing will begin; Features of the channel; Comments made by Mike Byrd, managing director of Turner Broadcasting System Asia Pacific Incorporated.
- MTV TOONS UP 3 SKEINS. Dempsey, John // Daily Variety;1/23/2002, Vol. 274 Issue 39, p14
Reports on the commitments of MTV to three animated series for the second half of 2002, namely, 'Spiderman,' 'The Freshman' and 'Clone High.' Entities responsible for the production of 'Spiderman'; Creators and executive producers of 'Clone High.'