SOAPNET IN MOVIE CYCLE
- Encore updates its mix of pics. Dempsey, John // Variety;06/29/98, Vol. 371 Issue 8, p18
Announces the upgrading of motion picture lineup in Encore cable television network in 1998. Details on the lineup.
- SHOWTIME SLATES 7. Grego, Melissa // Daily Variety;03/01/2001, Vol. 270 Issue 63, p12
Reports that cabler Showtime has approved seven original motion pictures including one based on Judith Exner's story scheduled to be shown in 2001 or 2002. 'Adam Clayton Powell'; 'George'; 'Off Season'; 'The Wilde Girls'; 'Bobbie's Girl'; 'I Was a Teenage Faust.'
- Cool movies. // Graham Leader;9/4/2011, Vol. 136 Issue 6, p4A
In this article the author discusses her liking for old movie channel.
- Fans' film favorites. // Adweek Western Edition;10/25/93, Vol. 43 Issue 43, p26
Reports on the poll conducted by Ted Turner's TNT cable network to determine the all-time favorite films of Americans. `Gone With The Wind' as first choice; Top five films.
- Sony Ent. shutters its Hindi film production biz. Mathur, Arti // Daily Variety;12/31/2001, Vol. 274 Issue 21, p5
Reports the suspension of Hindi movie distribution biz by the Sony Entertainment Television (SET) Pictures in New Delhi, India. Titles of movies distributed by SET; Resignation of Rajesh Pant, SET chief operating officer and Hindi distribution topper from SET's Indian operations; Number of...
- Hallmark Channel Sets Sights on Top-10 Status. Umstead, R. Thomas // Multichannel News;3/18/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 11, p16
Reports the broadcast of original movies by Hallmark Channel in New York. Sources of the motion pictures for telecast; Production and distribution of equivalent movie per month; Genres of the motion pictures for programming.
- MTV Latam bows Chile, Peru feed. Sutter, Mary // Daily Variety;04/18/2000, Vol. 267 Issue 33, p6
Reports that MTV Latin America has added a third feed to the Spanish lingo music channel.
- Two Discovery Nets Go to the Movies. Forkan, Jim // Multichannel News;10/16/2000, Vol. 21 Issue 42, p44
Reports the entry of the Animal Planet cable network into the motion picture industry in the United States. Expansion of the Animal Planet outside the cable industry; Releases of specials from the Discovery Communications Inc.; Promotion of an off-channel museum road show by the Discovery channel.
- Showtime original slate sees stars. Katz, Richard // Variety;09/13/99, Vol. 376 Issue 4, p28
Outlines original films in the United States that will be produced by cable television network Showtime. Budget of the films; Information on the project starring Holly Hunter; Stars of the picture `Common Ground'; Details of the picture `Unanswered Questions.'