- SKY HEADS FOR HOME AS CABLERS COZY UP. Jazmines, Tessa // Variety;04/16/2001, Vol. 382 Issue 9, p17
Reports the merger of SKYCable and Home Cable in the Philippines in 2001. Background information on the cable networks; Companies that own SKYCable and Home Cable; Services to be offered by the networks under the merger.
- FEEVES STREAM-ING UP. James, Alison; Zecchinelli, Cecilia // Variety;04/30/2001, Vol. 382 Issue 11, p24
Reports on the merger of Italian cable television networks Telepiu and Stream. Terms of the merger; Advantages of the merger to the parent company of Telepiu; Value of the deal.
- MTV Networks Plans Merger Of Box, MTV2. Hay, Carla // Billboard;09/02/2000, Vol. 112 Issue 36, p10
Reports on the plans of MTV Networks (MTVN) to merge its Box Music Network and MTV2 music channels. Features of both channels' music content; Weak performance of the channels in many large cable television markets; Outlook for layoffs as a result of the merger.
- Channel surfing. Russell, Geoff // Golf World;03/03/2000, Vol. 53 Issue 31, p4
Focuses on the acquisition of The Golf Channel by cable operator Comcast Corp.
- Putting CMT in fine fiddle. Romano, Allison // Broadcasting & Cable;11/26/2001, Vol. 131 Issue 49, p30
Focuses on the acquisition of the Country Music Television (CMT) by the Viacom music network (VH1). Reformation of the network by John Sykes, president of VH1; Installation of two programming executives, Brian Phillips and Kaye Zusman; Programs of CMT.
- Nickelodeon Buyout Brings Noggin In-House. Umstead, R. Thomas // Multichannel News;8/12/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 32, p3
Focuses on the decision of Nickelodeon to acquire the interest of Sesame Workshop in the pre-school and tween-targeted Noggin digital cable network in the U.S. Effect of the buyout on the control of the digital channel; Television programs produced by Sesame Workshop; Plan on programming changes.
- ITV suitors await word on merger plan. Johnson, Debra // Daily Variety;10/7/2003, Vol. 281 Issue 2, p5
Reports on the delivery of Trade and Industry secretary Patricia Hewitt on the proposed merger of shareholders Carlton and Granada of commercial web ITV in Great Britain. Rise of Carlton and Granada's share prices; Factor to be considered in reducing advertising rates; Benefit of the...
- STREAM CONFLUENCE. Zecchinelli, Cecilia // Daily Variety;05/22/2001, Vol. 271 Issue 59, p6
Reports the merger between Telepiu and Stream in Milan, Italy. Comments of Telepiu president Emmanuel Gout on the consolidation; Terms of the agreement; Estimation of the losses of both companies.
- 10 STORIES THAT MATTER. // Multichannel News;6/3/2013, Vol. 34 Issue 22, p3
An introduction is presented in which the editor discusses various reports within the issue on topics including a business tie-up of advertising technology provider Blackarrow Inc., cable network provider Phoenix Network Inc.'s fresh start, and mentions the Cable Show in Washington, D.C.