THROUGH THE WIRE
- In the News. // Variety;11/27/2006, Vol. 405 Issue 2, p2
The article presents a roundup of news concerning the entertainment industry. New Line Cinema plans to adapt Michael Scott's "The Immortal Nicholas Flamel" into a six film fantasy franchise. NBC is actively developing a game show called "Identity." Fox News Channel plans to make a news satire...
- 40: COMPETITIVE SPORTS. PENN, NATHANIEL; PAUL, CHRIS // GQ: Gentlemen's Quarterly;Jul2012, Vol. 82 Issue 7, p100
The author argues that one of the best U.S. channels ever invented was Game Show Network.
- Reality TV shows have become too far removed from real life. Singletary, Mark // New Orleans CityBusiness (1994 to 2008);5/24/2004, Vol. 24 Issue 48, p3
Focuses on the views of the author on various reality television shows in New Orleans, Louisiana. Assessment on the influence of various television programs on the life style of several individuals; Evolution of the television network; Number of prime-time game shows in the city.
- UTV. // Mail on Sunday;12/ 1/2013, p54
The X Factor 8.15pm All ears: The judges provide critique as the remaining acts take to the stage
- QUARTER-FINAL TIME. // Mail on Sunday;12/ 1/2013, p25
QUARTER-FINAL TIME The X Factor Results Sunday, 8pm, TV3/UTV Dermot O'Leary hosts the quarter-final of the singing contest, in which the two acts with the lowest number of public votes face each other in the sing-off.
- ITV. // Mail on Sunday;12/ 1/2013, p64
The X Factor Results, 8pm
- THE WEBS. // Variety;12/04/2000, Vol. 381 Issue 3, p71
Provides updates on the television broadcasting industry in the United States as of December 2000. Plan of Warner Brothers and Endemol USA to produce an instant wedding reality gameshow; Television network that will produce a program featuring actor Hank Azaria; Plan of two networks to...
- KBC Season Four Attracts Over 50 Lakh Applicants. // India -- West;9/17/2010, Vol. 35 Issue 43, pC8
The article reports that the fourth season of the television game show "Kaun Banega Crorepati," to be hosted by superstar Amitabh Bachchan, has attracted more than 50 lakh applicants from across India who want to be part of the show.
- Germans head to Mip mart as sellers. Meza, Ed // Variety;4/16/2007, Vol. 406 Issue 9, p31
The article discusses how German television shows have been gaining popularity in various European and Asian markets. The article reports that several shows were of interest at the 2007 MipTV content mart in Cannes, France, including the game shows "Wanna Bet" and "Beat Your Host's," and the...