Martin's Aim: Upending Cable
- GLOBO CABO: MUCHO SUBS. // Variety;06/26/2000, Vol. 379 Issue 6, p56
Reports on the acquisition of NET Sul regional television operator by cable television network Globo Cabo in Brazil. Status of the network in the cable television industry; Details of the purchase; Brief information on the network.
- MEDIA CHOICE: BBC PRIME. Telford, Jill // Media: Asia's Media & Marketing Newspaper;2/25/2005, p14
This article reports on the recent arrival of BBC Prime in Hong Kong. Mainly because of Now TV, consumers now have a huge choice of channels, from all the Discovery channels, to all the film channels they could ever wish to check out (HBO, Cinemax, MGM, Hallmark, Star Movies, Turner), to...
- ITC slams ITV for narrow peaktime output. // Marketing Week;5/7/1998, Vol. 21 Issue 10, p12
Focuses on the lack of diversity within the peaktime schedule for the ITV cable television network, with reference to a report by the International Television Commission. Identification of what the report outlines; Information from the report.
- Video Grab: News at 4, 8 p.m. seen as coping mechanisms. Brodesser, Claude // MediaWeek;09/08/97, Vol. 7 Issue 33, p8
Reports on two major East Coast television stations' change of schedules to meet the need of time-conscious viewers. New York 1 News' launching of `The 8 O'Clock edition,' an hour of local news in prime time; Philadelphia television station WCAU's plan to launch a daily 4 p.m. newscast on...
- Dispatches. // Variety;09/27/99, Vol. 376 Issue 6, p63
Presents news briefs on the television broadcasting industry from around the world as of September 27, 1999. Elevation of John Birt, director general of British Broadcasting Co., to the House of Lords in Great Britain; Decision to add MTV Asia to the lineup of Hong Kong Cable company; Deal made...
- News war in Bean Town. McClellan, Steve // Broadcasting & Cable;8/23/93, Vol. 123 Issue 34, p16
Reports on two new competitors preparing to enter the television news industry in Boston, Massachusetts. WBZ-TV Boston's production of newscast for independent WSBK-TV; New England News Channel's production of newscast for WFXT-TV; Challenging independent WLVI-TV's news program; Previous...
- When News Was the Star. Frank, Reuven // New Leader;Mar2002, Vol. 85 Issue 2, p35
Focuses on television broadcasting of news in the U.S. Discussion on Ted Turner's Cable News Network; Marketing initiatives of Turner; Competition among television networks, including MSNBC and Fox News; Information on several television personalities, such as Brit Hume and Paula Zahn.
- Betting on Vegas news. Wang, Karissa S. // Electronic Media;10/25/99, Vol. 18 Issue 43, p3
Focuses on developments related to television broadcasting of news in Las Vegas, Nevada, as of October 25, 1999. Increase in number of area-based television stations that offer local news broadcasts; Launch of cable news channel Las Vegas One.
- Ch. 2 lacks eye for talent. Brady, James // Crain's New York Business;05/14/2001, Vol. 17 Issue 20, p9
Highlights the recipients of the Emmy Awards for television in New York, New York. Career background of Channel 5 news director Susan Sullivan; Allusion to the incompetence of Channel 2 news director Joel Cheatwood; Reference to the scandal on the reality show Survivor.